LondonRoad.Net Forum
Posh v Bolton - Printable Version

+- LondonRoad.Net Forum (https://londonroad.net/Forum)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://londonroad.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The London Road End (https://londonroad.net/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Posh v Bolton (/showthread.php?tid=22909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Posh v Bolton - ExPat - 14-04-2024

Right.

Suppose we get to the final day and are guaranteed to finish in 4th or 5th. Suppose also that Bolton are still in with a shot of the automatics.

Can we play the stiffs v Bolton? I know it would cast doubt on the sporting integrity of the competition but who cares when you’ve been basically playing the same first XI all season. But would we get into any sort of serious trouble with the Football League?

RE: Posh v Bolton - kaasprodukte - 14-04-2024

(14-04-2024, 06:36 PM)ExPat Wrote: Right.

Suppose we get to the final day and are guaranteed to finish in 4th or 5th. Suppose also that Bolton are still in with a shot of the automatics.

Can we play the stiffs v Bolton? I know it would cast doubt on the sporting integrity of the competition but who cares when you’ve been basically playing the same first XI all season. But would we get into any sort of serious trouble with the Football League?

I think if 4th or 5th were up for grabs, Fergie would play his strongest team to get the away leg first.

RE: Posh v Bolton - Hugh Fat B'Stard - 14-04-2024

(14-04-2024, 06:44 PM)kaasprodukte Wrote: I think if 4th or 5th were up for grabs, Fergie would play his strongest team to get the away leg first.

Which is what I've been saying for weeks, but some people don't seem to grasp this.

If we're guaranteed 3rd or 4th, then that's a different matter.

RE: Posh v Bolton - matt_posh - 14-04-2024

(14-04-2024, 06:49 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: Which is what I've been saying for weeks, but some people don't seem to grasp this.

It's boils down to what's more important - giving players a rest vs being at home in the 2nd leg. 

Being at home 2nd wouldn't be much good if we come out of the 1st leg with a result like yesterday (let's not mention last year's play offs....).

RE: Posh v Bolton - Hugh Fat B'Stard - 14-04-2024

More important to play the 2nd leg at home. 

What's our record in play-offs when it comes to which leg we play 1st or 2nd? (that's a rhetorical question by the way)

RE: Posh v Bolton - ExPat - 14-04-2024

Oh FFS I was trying to avoid this sort of fannyarsing by specifying 4th or 5th. I was just interested in whether we can get in trouble for resting the first team on the final day.

RE: Posh v Bolton - Andy Gooner - 14-04-2024

(14-04-2024, 07:36 PM)ExPat Wrote: Oh FFS I was trying to avoid this sort of fannyarsing by specifying 4th or 5th. I was just interested in whether we can get in trouble for resting the first team on the final day.

Nah. Can do what we like. 

We could go crazy and play some chump up front that can’t even pick the banjo up.

RE: Posh v Bolton - Mick Bratley - 14-04-2024

(14-04-2024, 07:39 PM)Andy Gooner Wrote: Nah. Can do what we like. 

We could go crazy and play some chump up front that can’t even pick the banjo up.

Unchanged team then.

Posh v Fleetwood - whaplodeposh - 14-04-2024

Play a mixed team and sub 3 players after 2 minutes

RE: Posh v Bolton - Pacman - 14-04-2024

Rest some each game. A full week off. The remaining games are pretty much meaningless. Play MM every game, along with JCH.

RE: Posh v Bolton - kaasprodukte - 15-04-2024

(14-04-2024, 09:32 PM)whaplodeposh Wrote: Play a mixed team and sub 3 players after 2 minutes

Why when you can change rest 9 regulars anyway?

RE: Posh v Bolton - Farmer Cee - 16-04-2024

Don’t think there’s any chance of you not finishing 3rd or 4th especially with the games you’ve got left to play. Same for us really unless Derby slip up against Cambridge so it may have little or no importance to either of us in the scale of things? Of course should Derby lose it actually puts the ball back in both our courts and it’s all to play for on the last day including Derby!! Football always seems to have that way of making the seemingly impossible possible. ?

RE: Posh v Bolton - Hugh Fat B'Stard - 16-04-2024

I reckon you guys could do it. Win tonight and you're only a point behind Derby. You should pick up 3 points at home to Port Vale on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if Cambridge hold Derby so you'll probably need to beat us on the final day to get into the autos.

But you won't beat us of course  Laughing

RE: Posh v Bolton - Andy Gooner - 16-04-2024

(16-04-2024, 01:41 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I reckon you guys could do it. Win tonight and you're only a point behind Derby. You should pick up 3 points at home to Port Vale on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if Cambridge hold Derby so you'll probably need to beat us on the final day to get into the autos.

But you won't beat us of course  Laughing

No. We’ll beat ourselves.

RE: Posh v Bolton - Hugh Fat B'Stard - 17-04-2024

(16-04-2024, 01:41 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I reckon you guys could do it. Win tonight and you're only a point behind Derby. 

Well that aged quickly   Laughing

Posh v Bolton - EyePosh - 17-04-2024

According to the Bolton website, they have been given 1,674 tickets, so just the main stand then

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

RE: Posh v Bolton - norwichposh - 17-04-2024

(17-04-2024, 02:57 PM)EyePosh Wrote: According to the Bolton website, they have been given 1,674 tickets, so just the main stand then

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I guess we'll know in a week's time whether it's justified giving them the Moys.

RE: Posh v Bolton - Hugh Fat B'Stard - 17-04-2024

If/when we make the final, it points towards a rematch against Bolton and they can have their 40,000 seats for that one.

RE: Posh v Bolton - Crun - 18-04-2024

Bolton rapidly sold out their initial allocation of tickets for the last-day game v Posh

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/bolton-wanderers-rapidly-sold-out-their-initial-allocation-of-tickets-for-the-last-day-game-at-peterborough-united-4596795

RE: Posh v Bolton - Hugh Fat B'Stard - 20-04-2024

So do we reckon we'll give Bolton the Moy's end now?