HOW MUCH?!
When did replica shirts become this pricey?!

Sheffield Wednesday Home Shirt 18/19

Great way to turn your fans away!
(10-07-2018, 04:42 PM)Posh Hammer Wrote: When did replica shirts become this pricey?!

Sheffield Wednesday Home Shirt 18/19

Great way to turn your fans away!

They're selling 2 types.  A replica kit and a Pro-Kit.  The former is £59 (£45 for kids) and the latter £99.

It's barmy, but if people are prepared to pay it then that's up to them.
It's the US model - replica and "authentic", with the "real" ones costing about double. NFL, NHL and MLB all do it.
Even the cheaper one is a mental price.

I'm shocked they have no "pro" stock in 4XL as well.
(10-07-2018, 05:17 PM)Nick Wrote: It's the US model - replica and "authentic", with the "real" ones costing about double. NFL, NHL and MLB all do it.

What the hell is the difference between a real shirt and a replica shirt? How real can I shirt be?  Laughing
(10-07-2018, 05:22 PM)Posh Hammer Wrote: What the hell is the difference between a real shirt and a replica shirt? How real can I shirt be?  Laughing

Same with rugby union shirts and I thought premier league teams also?
(10-07-2018, 05:22 PM)Posh Hammer Wrote: What the hell is the difference between a real shirt and a replica shirt? How real can I shirt be?  Laughing

Better quality materials. I can't speak for football shirts, but the "authentic" NFL and AHL ones I have from Cleveland are significantly better quality than the "replica" ones.
(10-07-2018, 05:45 PM)Nick Wrote: Better quality materials. I can't speak for football shirts, but the "authentic" NFL and AHL ones I have from Cleveland are significantly better quality than the "replica" ones.
So make a new shirt with lower quality material and Jack up the price of the proper one?

Nice work if you can get it.
(10-07-2018, 05:51 PM)Meat\nTwoVeg Wrote: So make a new shirt with lower quality material and Jack up the price of the proper one?

Nice work if you can get it.

I'm pretty sure that this is exactly the tactic. The "Authentic" shirts retail at $149, with the "replica" ones at around $70. There is no way that they are worth £100 / £50, but people buy more of the expensive ones than the cheap ones, if the amount of space devoted to them in the shops is anything to go by.

I was given both of mine after a lengthy stay there during an IT project - there is no way I would have paid for them.