V Peterborough Sports
Won 9 0. Can't read too much into it given the level of opposition.  Goals from Ward, Lloyd, O'Hara, Dembele x2 (screamer and cheeky backheel - we've got something here) , Penfold, Denton, Edwards and a cracking 30 yarder from Cooper.

A real shame that more people didn't bother to go as the facilities are excellent. I'll definitely have a look in when Posh are away somewhere I can't be arsed to visit.
(10-07-2018, 11:48 PM)Chief Brody Wrote: Won 9 0. Can't read too much into it given the level of opposition.  Goals from Ward, Lloyd, O'Hara, Dembele x2 (screamer and cheeky backheel - we've got something here) , Penfold, Denton, Edwards and a cracking 30 yarder from Cooper.

A real shame that more people didn't bother to go as the facilities are excellent. I'll definitely have a look in when Posh are away somewhere I can't be arsed to visit.

I would have gone had it not been semi-final night. I suspect that was plenty of people's excuse.

It is a nice little modern setup. I ran the line in one of their friendlies against Ely City a few years back and they were very welcoming.

I suspect the whole idea was to actually get more Posh fans to become aware of non league football on our doorsteps.
I was going but was away for work and tbh probably wouldn't have gone if the WC hadn't been so entertaining.

Glad it went well but I agree the semi final restricted the numbers.

The few people I have been in contact with all agree that (point taken about the opposition) POSH look good fun and there once again was no sign of the hoofball style we were told would be the default position.
Clearly a lot is going to get moved through Woodyard, and O'Hara bombing into the box will be a common sight. Plan A is blatantly to get it wide quickly with full backs and their wingers working as a distinct pair.
While we do have some bloody massive players now, there is room for a tricky littlun in the team. 

Also, for a newly formed squad, the spirit among the lads looks good.
(11-07-2018, 09:58 AM)Chief Brody Wrote: Clearly a lot is going to get moved through Woodyard, and O'Hara bombing into the box will be a common sight. Plan A is blatantly to get it wide quickly with full backs and their wingers working as a distinct pair.
While we do have some bloody massive players now, there is room for a tricky littlun in the team. 

Also, for a newly formed squad, the spirit among the lads looks good.

thanks...
(10-07-2018, 11:48 PM)Chief Brody Wrote: Won 9 0. Can't read too much into it given the level of opposition.  Goals from Ward, Lloyd, O'Hara, Dembele x2 (screamer and cheeky backheel - we've got something here) , Penfold, Denton, Edwards and a cracking 30 yarder from Cooper.

At the prices they were charging I’m glad they didn’t get much take up. £11 to watch posh play a pub team :Nono:
(11-07-2018, 12:36 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: At the prices they were charging I’m glad they didn’t get much take up. £11 to watch posh play a pub team :Nono:

Fuck that!

I genuinely thought it would have been free.
(11-07-2018, 12:36 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: At the prices they were charging I’m glad they didn’t get much take up. £11 to watch posh play a pub team :Nono:

£9 but I take your point.

They laid on extra stewards & bar staff to cater for a crowd in the high hundreds & I reckon there were only 200 - 250 or so there so I guess they may have made a loss.
(11-07-2018, 12:47 PM)Chief Brody Wrote: £9 but I take your point.

They laid on extra stewards & bar staff to cater for a crowd in the high hundreds & I reckon there were only 200 - 250 or so there so I guess they may have made a loss.

I was quoting the seat prices which were £11. Looking at their website it looks like they increased prices (for some ticket types) for this game so they will get little sympathy from me if they lost money.
How much was Stamford and how much is st Neots?
Stamford Adult 5 pound, Kids 1 pound or free u11

I think yesterday's crowd was more down to the WC Semi-Final rather than money.
(11-07-2018, 03:29 PM)Andy Gooner Wrote: How much was Stamford and how much is st Neots?

I think St Neots is £8.
I had planned to go, but when I read they were limiting it to 1000 and advising to buy in advance to avoid disappointment on the night, I decided against it (especially at 9 or 11 pounds)

I felt they were trying to panic people into buying early, which for a friendly should be a nono.

So it doesn't surprise me that only 250 odd turned up.

Had they left it as pay on day, I think they'd have got over 500, if not 600
(12-07-2018, 12:57 AM)Andrew5740 Wrote: I had planned to go, but when I read they were limiting it to 1000 and advising to buy in advance to avoid disappointment on the night, I decided against it (especially at 9 or 11 pounds)

I felt they were trying to panic people into buying early, which for a friendly should be a nono.

So it doesn't surprise me that only 250 odd turned up.

Had they left it as pay on day, I think they'd  have got over 500, if not 600

All of that is hardly surprising considering who their chairman is.
(12-07-2018, 01:49 AM)South lincs Posh Wrote: All of that is hardly surprising considering who their chairman is.
For those of us who don't know, who is it?
Opposition notwithstanding this bunch certainly know where that 24 feet across target is even on a terrible looking pitch.
Goals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5iU1sTd...ture=share
Evans reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp3w6jfKRm0
(11-07-2018, 09:58 AM)Chief Brody Wrote: Also, for a newly formed squad, the spirit among the lads looks good.

When will we see the BBQ photo's ?