•  Previous
  • 28(current)
  • Next 

Posh v Wycombe (EFL Trophy Final)
(08-04-2024, 11:32 AM)James Wrote: What would have happened had Wycombe won?

I wouldn't have googled "EFL Trophy"
(08-04-2024, 11:32 AM)James Wrote: What would have happened had Wycombe won?

I doubt anyone had even considered that.
(08-04-2024, 11:55 AM)Hattie Wrote: If that's H when he's speechless...

He was speechless when interviewed by Sky, but Im not bothered about his media skills. He has proved himself on the pitch and has shoved the 'Burrows is not a left back' quote that was prevalent last season and early this season down the throats of a lot of people ( including me) here. He got a lot of praise by the Sky commentators and the pundits and could be 'in demand' for next season. Scoring 11 from left back and the assists are quite remarkable stats. If he can finish the season with captaining a promotion winning team, he will attain legendary status.

The 'Burrows' Final.
(08-04-2024, 12:07 PM)Pacman Wrote: He was speechless when interviewed by Sky, but Im not bothered about his media skills. He has proved himself on the pitch and has shoved the 'Burrows is not a left back' quote that was prevalent last season and early this season down the throats of a lot of people ( including me) here. He got a lot of praise by the Sky commentators and the pundits and could be 'in demand' for next season. Scoring 11 from left back and the assists are quite remarkable stats. If he can finish the season with captaining a promotion winning team, he will attain legendary status.

The 'Burrows' Final.

He won't be at LR next season I fear
(08-04-2024, 12:07 PM)Pacman Wrote: He was speechless when interviewed by Sky, but Im not bothered about his media skills. He has proved himself on the pitch and has shoved the 'Burrows is not a left back' quote that was prevalent last season and early this season down the throats of a lot of people ( including me) here. He got a lot of praise by the Sky commentators and the pundits and could be 'in demand' for next season. Scoring 11 from left back and the assists are quite remarkable stats. If he can finish the season with captaining a promotion winning team, he will attain legendary status.

The 'Burrows' Final.

He wasn't "there" last season, the comments weren't unreasonable at the time, but things change. Whether it's the players around him, coaching or him working his arse off to make it his own - it's clearly working and long may it continue.
Darragh MacAnthony 'so proud' of his players and staff for bouncing back from Hillsborough heartbreak with Bristol Street Motors Trophy triumph

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony 'so proud' of his players and staff for bouncing back from Hillsborough heartbreak with Bristol Street Motors Trophy triumph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Ferguson hails Posh's Harrison Burrows as League One's most consistent player after Wembley heroics

Darren Ferguson hails Peterborough United's Harrison Burrows as League One's most consistent player after Wembley heroics (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Archie Collins credits strong team spirt for Bristol Street Motors triumph at Wembley

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...ey-4583078
There was an hour long special of the game last night on itv1. Should be able to get it on catch up.

Incase anyone missed it.
It was a good win and enjoyable day. The game was pretty boring for most of it, but I thought we edged it. 

We were unlucky not to get the first half penalty, which may have opened up the game a little. 

Hopefully that gives the players some confidence for when the playoffs come around. 

Overall, whilst it’s nice to go to Wembley, I’d much rather have gone to a slightly smaller ground, that was packed, and would have created a much better atmosphere.
(08-04-2024, 01:10 PM)AndyPosh Wrote: It was a good win and enjoyable day. The game was pretty boring for most of it, but I thought we edged it. 

We were unlucky not to get the first half penalty, which may have opened up the game a little. 

Hopefully that gives the players some confidence for when the playoffs come around. 

Overall, whilst it’s nice to go to Wembley, I’d much rather have gone to a slightly smaller ground, that was packed, and would have created a much better atmosphere.

Where would you suggest?
(08-04-2024, 01:18 PM)norwichposh Wrote: Where would you suggest?

Emirates.
(08-04-2024, 01:18 PM)norwichposh Wrote: Where would you suggest?

The Emirates or Tottenham stadium would have been ideal from a location / size perspective, but let’s be honest - the players would want to play at Wembley even if it was to a minibus full of fans.
(08-04-2024, 01:10 PM)AndyPosh Wrote: Overall, whilst it’s nice to go to Wembley, I’d much rather have gone to a slightly smaller ground, that was packed, and would have created a much better atmosphere.

Wouldn't it have to have been half the size to be packed?

Wembley's OK but it's showing a bit of wear and tear here and there. Could do with a bit of sprucing up.
(08-04-2024, 01:37 PM)Nick Wrote: The Emirates or Tottenham stadium would have been ideal from a location / size perspective, but let’s be honest - the players would want to play at Wembley even if it was to a minibus full of fans.

Nice grounds, but neither have the same appeal as Wembley, and I don't think as many as 22k Posh fans would turn up at any other venue for an EFL Trophy Final.
(08-04-2024, 01:10 PM)AndyPosh Wrote: Overall, whilst it’s nice to go to Wembley, I’d much rather have gone to a slightly smaller ground, that was packed, and would have created a much better atmosphere.

Wouldn't pay the FA's mortgage though.
(08-04-2024, 01:46 PM)norwichposh Wrote: Nice grounds, but neither have the same appeal as Wembley, and I don't think as many as 22k Posh fans would turn up at any other venue for an EFL Trophy Final.
This. Surely the point of this competition, or one of them, is to give smaller clubs the chance to play at Wembley. It didn't matter to me that it was only half full yesterday, it was a fantastic day for our club and wouldn't have been the same at any other stadium.

Besides, the final has been played in front of 85,000 before.
Saw an angle from behind the goal on my IG feed and looks like H meant that to be a shot - runs from the corner to collect the loose ball and then looks up and aims there.
(08-04-2024, 02:51 PM)poznan posh Wrote: Saw an angle from behind the goal on my IG feed and looks like H meant that to be a shot - runs from the corner to collect the loose ball and then looks up and aims there.

He says otherwise.  He said it was a cross to the far post.
(08-04-2024, 02:51 PM)poznan posh Wrote: Saw an angle from behind the goal on my IG feed and looks like H meant that to be a shot - runs from the corner to collect the loose ball and then looks up and aims there.

(08-04-2024, 02:54 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: He says otherwise.  He said it was a cross to the far post.

This.
All season he's been putting in some great crosses and this one he got a bit of luck too
Not sure quite what the keeper was doing tbh but who gives a fuck
(08-04-2024, 03:01 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: This.
All season he's been putting in some great crosses and this one he got a bit of luck too
Not sure quite what the keeper was doing tbh but who gives a fuck

Quite so

I doubt a single Wobblers fan gave a flying one about when Bilokapic made a mess of apparently trying to catch the ball to throw it out to start an attack. 

Nonetheless, I haven't seen such a wicked whip since I looked at my old neighbour's Amsterdam trip slideshow.
There was some poor bugger in our section who was on his stag do. His mates had clearly thought long and hard about how best to punish him. Any guesses as to what they did?

(08-04-2024, 10:40 AM)norwichposh Wrote: The attendance was 42,252.  So there were 19,652 Wycombe fans in the ground?!  They had nobody in the 2nd tier?

It looked like one section had a few towards the royal box. That was the only one however. Posh had two tiers and a few in one section of the third.

•  Previous
  • 28(current)
  • Next