•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 

Posh v Fleetwood
(17-04-2024, 12:59 AM)Andy Gooner Wrote: Absolutely mental.

Won 4-1 playing so poorly. Struggling to name one player who was half decent. Ref was dreadful.

Steer?
Jonno?
Highlights

https://youtu.be/KZuXSdfi5mc?si=73VOx0ncF68TxvOl
Fergie opens up about Posh's mounting injury concerns after Fleetwood victory

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...de-4593852

Peterborough United 4-1 Fleetwood Town - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68767273
Just got back. Bonkers game of football, the kind of match on football manager if you where the Fleetwood manager would have you rage quit.

I haven't decided if Fleetwood's goal was quicker than derby's opener on New year's day yet but we just stood off and let them attack.
Ronnie had a terrible game by his standards. He was done completely by their number 20 for the first pen. He just wasn't at the races today at all.

A quick word on the officials, I felt it was one of the worst I've seen for a long time.

The first pen was a foul but it happened outside the box and their player dived into the box. Second pen was a great tackle that got the ball. I can't believe he didn't see Knight having the shirt taken from his back or Kip being thrown to the ground. Unlike most I understood the EMC offside partly because I saw it happen away at Blackpool in the league and it drove their fans equally as mad.
(17-04-2024, 01:18 AM)cmposh1991 Wrote: Just got back. Bonkers game of football, the kind of match on football manager if you where the Fleetwood manager would have you rage quit.

I haven't decided if Fleetwood's goal was quicker than derby's opener on New year's day yet but we just stood off  and let them attack.
Ronnie had a terrible game by his standards. He was done completely by their number 20 for the first pen. He just wasn't at the races today at all.

A quick word on the officials, I felt it was one of the worst I've seen for a long time.

The first pen was a foul but it happened outside the box and their player dived into the box. Second pen was a great tackle that got the ball.  I can't believe he didn't see Knight having the shirt taken from his back or Kip being thrown to the ground. Unlike most I understood the EMC offside partly because I saw it happen away at Blackpool in the league and it drove their fans equally as mad.

Plus he also missed the handball by Broom prior to the second penalty.  Agree that he was probably the worst referee we have seen in a long time - however, I also feel that we have had very poor officials at our last four games and yes that includes Wembley.  I normally try not to berate the officials as they do have a difficult job but have got to say the standard of officials this season has been the poorest for many a year.
Mental game, some absolute honking performances, the referee for one, their penalty taker, Edwards was well beaten at times and Randall was so wastefull and slow.

Time to have a look at some of the youth/ U23s we have and let some of these first team players rest up. It looks like we won't be going for any experience/older heads in our future recruitment game plan according to DMaC, which I have no issues with as long as we have cover for all positions amd not putting square pegs into round holes.

Still think if our Jan window had been just a little better/organised, we would have had the autos.

Into the play offs with 3 games left is quite an achievement though and we need to use this to our own advantage. UTP
(17-04-2024, 08:20 AM)jozefthemad Wrote: Mental game, some absolute honking performances, the referee for one, their penalty taker, Edwards was well beaten at times and Randall was so wastefull and slow.

Time to have a look at some of the youth/ U23s we have and let some of these first team players rest up. It looks like we won't be going for any experience/older heads in our future recruitment game plan according to DMaC, which I have no issues with as long as we have cover for all positions amd not putting square pegs into round holes.

Still think if our Jan window had been just a little better/organised, we would have had the autos. 

Into the play offs with 3 games left  is quite an achievement though and we need to use this to our own advantage. UTP

He will not do that, especially as our game in hand means we are only three points behind the autos...

I'd be pissed if he effectively 'gave up' now by playing the kids.
(17-04-2024, 12:20 AM)holmez Wrote: So we're the divisions top scorers without a proper striker? Just think how many goals we'd have scored with one!

That JCH has more league goals than any other of our strikers speaks volumes
(17-04-2024, 08:33 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: That JCH has more league goals than any other of our strikers speaks volumes

We would have been champions by now if we had played him...goals will always be more important than RJJ's ability to win 2 or 3 throws ins a game.
I doubt he will start jch moving forward though as despite scoring he clearly doesn’t think he suits, neither does the chairman (let’s not forget him publicly blaming him pretty much for the Barnsley game was it?)
Re the position of the free kick for the offside, it was very clear from Fergie and the bench they didnt know Law 11 either.
Fleetwood Town boss insists his team's performance at Peterborough United deserved a better result

Fleetwood Town boss insists his team's performance at Peterborough United deserved a better result (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Ferguson praises his Posh side's response to Oxford thrashing despite an 'unprofessional start'

Darren Ferguson praises his Peterborough United side's response to Oxford thrashing despite an 'unprofessional start' (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)
(17-04-2024, 09:45 AM)PaddyPosh Wrote: I doubt he will start jch moving forward though as despite scoring he clearly doesn’t think he suits, neither does the chairman (let’s not forget him publicly blaming him pretty much for the Barnsley game was it?)

Maybe he won't start him but he should have a big part to play coming off the bench if the RJJ injury keeps him out for a few games.
He should have been on much earlier last night due to how physical Fleetwood were and how the officials were letting them get away with manhandling our players in the box.
RJJ, Poku described as bad injuries and also EMC +MM. eek!!
(17-04-2024, 09:45 AM)PaddyPosh Wrote: I doubt he will start jch moving forward though as despite scoring he clearly doesn’t think he suits, neither does the chairman (let’s not forget him publicly blaming him pretty much for the Barnsley game was it?)

Yeah no wonder Dmac was angry with JCH about the Barnsley game, what with him scoring two and getting MoM (I would not read too much into waht Dmac says about JCH he is just pissed that he will end up in Bristol for nothing in the summer rather than signing for Charlton).

I agree though he will continue to see RJJ's undoubted ability to win a couple of throw ins each game as far more important than JCH's ability to score a couple of goals each game.
14.94 seconds for the opening goal. Crazy!
I'm not opining either way on his role now, but JCH was honking at the start of the season and our campaign took off when we dropped him.
(17-04-2024, 12:59 AM)Andy Gooner Wrote: Absolutely mental.

Won 4-1 playing so poorly. Struggling to name one player who was half decent. Ref was dreadful.

I missed the first 15 mins thankfully but watching the rest on posh+ I think we played ok, a huge improvement on Saturday’s brain fart 

Collins and Kyprianou looked fresher. EMC and Ajiboye both made a lot of chances and Steer had a great game.  As for JCH then goals per minute he must be our best since Midland League days. 

we won’t be playing Fleetwood for many years - happy about that as we always made heavy weather of them. That second saved penalty is the start of a long descent to the National League.  There was something magnificent about their two fans who came down at the end to clap their players off
(17-04-2024, 11:57 AM)poznan posh Wrote:   As for JCH then goals per minute he must be our best since Midland League days. 

JCH  9 goals in 1401 minutes : 0.58 goals per 90minutes 1 goal per 1.7 games
EMC 14 gols in 3493 minutes : 0.36 goals per 90minutes 1 goal per 2.8 games
POK 11 gols in 2830 minutes : 0.35 goals per 90minutes 1 goal per 2.9 games
RJJ 8 goals in 2529 minutes : 0.28 goals per 90minutes 1 goal per 3.6 games
(17-04-2024, 12:21 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: JCH  9 goals in 1401 minutes : 0.58 goals per 90minutes  1 goal per 1.7 games
EMC 14 gols in 3493 minutes : 0.36 goals per 90minutes  1 goal per 2.8 games
POK 11 gols in 2830 minutes : 0.35 goals per 90minutes    1 goal per 2.9 games
RJJ  8 goals in 2529 minutes : 0.28 goals per 90minutes  1 goal per 3.6 games

You could stick a tailors dummy on the penalty spot, and it would get as many goals a game from rebounds as RJJ has got. 

We’ve been saying it for a long time - he just isn’t a footballer, and it’s embarrassing for him and the club. We have a duty of care to stop making him look stupid in front of 8,000 people every week.
What a mental game  Laughing

I actually really enjoyed that 2nd half. I was expecting a pretty boring match with no atmosphere, but the ref certainly livened things up. Everyone was going crazy about the offside thingy, but they were all wrong about the rules. 

Someone did make the point though, that if a similar thing had happened and (in the highly unlikely scenario) that if the ball reached our penalty area by the time the player made an attempt to play the ball, would it be a penalty?

Looks like we picked up a few injuries just in time for the crucial part of the season. I reckon JCH still has a vital part to play in that and should have actually played a bigger part thus far, but hey-ho.

Steer's best save was the block rather than his two penalty saves that were fairly weak efforts, but he did well to go the right way each time.

Archie Collins was outstanding yet again - what a fucking player.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next