Why are most of PUFC's sales 'undisclosed fee?
is it a tax loop?
It was interesting that on Darragh's Twitter thingy, someone asked why the Godden transfer was undisclosed and he said that it was usually at the insistence of the selling club. He also agreed with someone else that all transfers should be disclosed.

Then we sell Leo . . .
(05-06-2018, 06:38 PM)Hugh Fat B\Stard Wrote: It was interesting that on Darragh's Twitter thingy, someone asked why the Godden transfer was undisclosed and he said that it was usually at the insistence of the selling club. He also agreed with someone else that all transfers should be disclosed.

Then we sell Leo . . .
AND FORRESTER NOW

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blo...w-deadline

plus lots of others suggesting it's an insult to supporters, why undisclosed its like they are trying to hide something???????
Obviously we’d like to know, but I’m pretty sure we don’t have a right to know how much someone sells one of their business assets for.
Why do we need to know?
(05-06-2018, 09:01 PM)South lincs Posh Wrote: Obviously we’d like to know, but I’m pretty sure we don’t have a right to know how much someone sells one of their business assets for.

They are of course included Annually in the Club Accounts albeit not on an individual basis and are entered/included when paid not when the transaction takes place.
(06-06-2018, 12:21 AM)Brianposh Wrote: They are of course included Annually in the Club Accounts albeit not on an individual basis and are entered/included when paid not when the transaction takes place.

Exactly, as much as it’d be nice to know each individual fee there’s no real obligation to tell us. Over time though you get a rough idea from various sources/reports.
I believe it's to prevent other clubs we are buying from attempting to hike up prices.

IE we sell Marriott for 5 million and suddenly everyone knows we have a few quid to spend and puts up their prices accordingly to cash in on our good fortune.
(06-06-2018, 06:41 AM)pjr Wrote: I believe it's to prevent other clubs we are buying from attempting to hike up prices.

IE we sell Marriott for 5 million and suddenly everyone knows we have a few quid to spend and puts up their prices accordingly to cash in on our good fortune.

I doubt anyone falls for that.  For a start the agent in the deal knows the fee, and they usually have a fair few other clients they want to engineer moves for.