Microsoft Teams
The business is currently rolling this out with the promise we'll have all our Apps, Files, Email, Chat and Appointments in one place.  Anyone got any 'real user' experience tales to share?
(14-06-2018, 12:30 PM)Nelson PK Wrote: The business is currently rolling this out with the promise we'll have all our Apps, Files, Email, Chat and Appointments in one place.  Anyone got any 'real user' experience tales to share?
It's an absolute pile of shit.

Lasted less than 2 days at our place.

Does nothing that isn't already in O365 and is just another place to duplicate the same old shit. Skype integration is particularly 'special'.

Enjoy.
FFS
(14-06-2018, 01:46 PM)AlcoPosh Wrote: It's an absolute pile of shit.

Lasted less than 2 days at our place.

Does nothing that isn't already in O365 and is just another place to duplicate the same old shit. Skype integration is particularly 'special'.

Enjoy.
We tried it too. Alco is being very optimistic in his assessment.
I hate Office365.... so if this is worse god help you
Well thanks for warning in advance rather than on implementation, you pats.
(14-06-2018, 03:43 PM)Nelson PK Wrote: Well thanks for warning in advance rather than on implementation, you pats.
Sorry. Your companies ICT dept failed to copy me in on the change request. Can't imagine why.
I've already got all of that. It's called a PC.
(14-06-2018, 09:39 PM)Hugh Janus Wrote: I've already got all of that. It's called a PC.

It's all about collaboration Hugh, God bless our marketing team.
(15-06-2018, 08:34 AM)Nelson PK Wrote: It's all about collaboration Hugh, God bless our marketing team.
That explains a lot. It's what happens when you let marketing get near something important.
(15-06-2018, 08:34 AM)Nelson PK Wrote: It's all about collaboration Hugh, God bless our marketing team.
Email as well? That should be amusing; fifty times the amount of crap to wade through.
(15-06-2018, 08:52 AM)Hugh Janus Wrote: Email as well? That should be amusing; fifty times the amount of crap to wade through.

Imagine Facebook, now imagine it with 100 times the inane updates and 100 times the attention seeking twats...... welcome to the modern office.  

The stream of sycophantic "Likes" and support comments whenever a senior manager posts makes me want to top myself.  Really sickening stuff.  I swear there are people who do nothing else, just come to work and spend all day commenting on WorkFacebook  (as opposed to hard workers like me who come to work and spend all day on .net)
(15-06-2018, 08:51 AM)Meat\nTwoVeg Wrote: That explains a lot. It's what happens when you let marketing get near something important.

We let ours build a fucking Data Warehouse years back.  Jesus christ... still keeps me in a job clearing up the crap.