ET Website
(11-07-2018, 01:40 PM)Jamie Holmes Wrote: Junior Morias has turned down the chance to join Ebbsfleet and Anthony Grant has turned down a move to League One rivals Shrewsbury. Fees had been agreed with both clubs. “Junior wants to stay in the Football League,” Fry stated. “That’s understandable, but the League clubs who wanted him - Crawley. Northampton and Stevenage - wanted to take him for nothing and that isn’t happening. 

“Anthony turned down Shrewsbury after (former Posh boss) Grant McCann suggested he wanted to take him to Doncaster, but I don’t think the Doncaster board will agree to the fee we wanted.”

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...-1-8563882

Is it just me or do others also find the ET website so "advert heavy" that it is just unuseable? I looked at the above and thought 'no I won't bother'. 

At least "The Sport" (or whatever that 1990's redtop was called) was full of boobs that made navigating the news difficult.
(11-07-2018, 03:38 PM)thevillageidiot Wrote: Is it just me or do others also find the ET website so "advert heavy" that it is just unuseable? I looked at the above and thought 'no I won't bother'. 

At least "The Sport" (or whatever that 1990's redtop was called) was full of boobs that made navigating the news difficult.

It is at present a dreadful website. A headline printed, no following news, pages jump about like a yo-yo, most of the news items missing with adverts in their place.  Awful.
The content is generally poorly written but it views ok with an ad blocker
(11-07-2018, 06:10 PM)Crusader Wrote: The content is generally poorly written but it views ok with an ad blocker
This. Unblocked it crashes poorer browsers (safari & IE I'm looking at you,) with alarming regularity.
Absolutely cooks my iPhone trying to use their site. Has always been shit but they’ve upped their game more recently and it’s now unusable.

They must have lost traffic galore.
(11-07-2018, 06:43 PM)Andy Gooner Wrote: Absolutely cooks my iPhone trying to use their site. Has always been shit but they’ve upped their game more recently and it’s now unusable.

They must have lost traffic galore.

Agree with this. 90% of articles I try to read on my phone it wants me to "fill in a survey to help the site". I once tried and it didn't work on the iPhone. Sooner the ET closes completely the better.
(11-07-2018, 10:00 PM)CanadaPOSH Wrote: Agree with this. 90% of articles I try to read on my phone it wants me to "fill in a survey to help the site". I once tried and it didn't work on the iPhone. Sooner the ET closes completely the better.

Just hit the "skip survey" button and it loads the greyed out articles. It still dances around like it's on acid though.
If its just Posh and local football news you want to look at try the App, it’s not that bad.
(12-07-2018, 12:29 AM)Hugh Fat B\Stard Wrote: Just hit the "skip survey" button and it loads the greyed out articles. It still dances around like it's on acid though.

Haven't found a way to do that on safari...there is no "skip" button, how do you do it?
(12-07-2018, 09:38 PM)CanadaPOSH Wrote: Haven't found a way to do that on safari...there is no "skip" button, how do you do it?

Sometimes the articles are readable and sometimes they're not. If they're not and the text is greyed out, the last entry on the survey questions is "skip survey". Hit that and don't answer the survey questions and the text will appear. I use Safari and it works.
(13-07-2018, 07:25 AM)Hugh Fat B\Stard Wrote: Sometimes the articles are readable and sometimes they're not. If they're not and the text is greyed out, the last entry on the survey questions is "skip survey". Hit that and don't answer the survey questions and the text will appear. I use Safari and it works.

It's a lot of bloody effort for very little reward.
(13-07-2018, 07:45 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: It's a lot of bloody effort for very little reward.

You're a Posh fan, ffs.
(12-07-2018, 08:55 AM)Harry. Wrote: If its just Posh and local football news you want to look at try the App, it’s not that bad.

There's an App?
(13-07-2018, 08:44 AM)Nelson PK Wrote: There's an App?

There sure is , well for Apple but I’m not sure about android though. 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/peterbor...02810?mt=8