Posh Related Transfer Rumours (Name your source or face deletion)
for Bradford City front man
PETERBOROUGH BID FOR WYKE
Peterborough have made a £500,000 bid for Bradford striker Charlie Wyke, according to Sky sources.

Also I think we should make this a thread about Posh's transfer activity separate from confirmed articles about posh signings off the official website as...……

……. Last week or the week before posh bid for Doncaster striker john marquis who was also subject to a smaller bid from a Scottish premier league club according to skysports transfer clockwatch of the top of my head their bid was £500,000 and ours was £750,000 but no-one on here mentioned it.

Also the peterbrough telegraph are today reporting that we had a £1m bid for mohammed eiza of Cheltenham rejected.
According to those same Sky sources Bolton bid £1m for him 3 weeks ago.

It's that time of year when the football transfer randometer is in full flow;

1. Find a player who scored 20+ goals
2. Find a club at the same level or one level higher that have cash and/or have been buying lots of players
3. Name a fee in the ballpark of the last transfer at that level
4. Cite unnamed sources

Well done, you are now ready to write a transfer gossip column or manage the Sky Sports news ticker tape
(12-07-2018, 08:59 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: According to those same Sky sources Bolton bid £1m for him 3 weeks ago.

It's that time of year when the football transfer randometer is in full flow;

1. Find a player who scored 20+ goals
2. Find a club at the same level or one level higher that have cash and/or have been buying lots of players
3. Name a fee in the ballpark of the last transfer at that level
4. Cite unnamed sources

Well done, you are now ready to write a transfer gossip column or manage the Sky Sports news ticker tape
You forget the final stage: report the buying clubs denial of your bullshit afterwards.
Hasn't that Wyke bloke been injured for a year?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
(12-07-2018, 12:56 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: Hasn't that Wyke bloke been injured for a year?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

One of the guys at work is very well connected with the Board at BCFC. He reckons that the £500k figure is accurate, and that they have gone back suggesting it needs to be £1m, and that a deal will be done for around £800k. Wyke is well thought of by the fans I know.
A quick google search tells me he got 16 goals and 9 assists last year.  Do Bradford need the money?
(12-07-2018, 01:20 PM)Nick Wrote: One of the guys at work is very well connected with the Board at BCFC. He reckons that the £500k figure is accurate, and that they have gone back suggesting it needs to be £1m, and that a deal will be done for around £800k. Wyke is well thought of by the fans I know.

He scored against us when they won 3-1 at the start of the season. Seemingly started the season incredibly well and got progressively worse as the season went on.

He is a big lump of a target man. He doesn't move a lot. 

Bradford seem to be really tightening the shoe strings this season and could be in for a year of struggle according to a lot of their fans.
(12-07-2018, 02:23 PM)Posh Hammer Wrote: He scored against us when they won 3-1 at the start of the season. Seemingly started the season incredibly well and got progressively worse as the season went on.

He is a big lump of a target man. He doesn't move a lot. 

Bradford seem to be really tightening the shoe strings this season and could be in for a year of struggle according to a lot of their fans.

They're doing what now?
Laughing
(12-07-2018, 06:24 PM)Pat Wrote: They're doing what now?

Shoestrings  Laughing

I really need to think about what I'm saying before I type and post!

Now I think about that saying, I wonder when purses stopped having strings to tighten them? Anybody old enough to remember?
(13-07-2018, 10:43 AM)Posh Hammer Wrote: Shoestrings  Laughing

Now I think about that saying, I wonder when purses stopped having strings to tighten them? Anybody old enough to remember?

HFB?
(13-07-2018, 10:43 AM)Posh Hammer Wrote: Shoestrings  Laughing

You need a stEDDIE hand when typing

Thumbup
(13-07-2018, 11:13 AM)Wycliffe Wrote: HFB?

Fuck off
Massive new signing to be announced soon was the statement released from various sources a few days ago.

Then Jack goes to Portugal.

It would be a massive gamble on the owners behalf with no guarantee his form will continue and indeed a courageous call by the lad himself for the same reasons to keep him and call that a new signing with maybe an improved contract as the explanation.

However, if his free scoring continues he really could be worth a veritable fortune to us, he'd get an even bigger move/salary/signing on fee too.

Just a thought, and a very nice one to start the week with.
If we do indeed keep Jack here the manager might have to re-think his Toshack/Keegan scenario.
I wouldn't have thought there's any way we could keep Jack - we must need his transfer money?
Probably just the next stage of a high stakes game of bluff to jack the bids up a notch.
“Look, our chairman’s well happy to reject unsuitable offers, he’s even coming on our European jaunt”
The ‘special signing’ is not JM. Darragh confirmed that he is coming from a Championship club. Would be delighted though if JM did sign a new contract
Boydy?