3rd/4th playoff
I still don't care.

I said it was a pointless fixture before England were in it and I stand by that. I probably won't watch it (although it may be on in the background,) as I've already seen our reserves play Belgium's in a glorified friendly in the last month.

Let both teams players go home now for a rest before their club seasons start IMO.
I care. 3rd would be our best performance since 1966. I think they deserve it..... although Belgium are no Croatia.
(12-07-2018, 07:19 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: I care.  3rd would be our best performance since 1966.  I think they deserve it..... although Belgium are no Croatia.

Can you recount anything about the third place play off in 1990? Or even 4 years ago? (Without looking I can tell you it was Brazil against someone)

Win 10-0, lose 10-0, don't care.
(12-07-2018, 07:23 AM)jwb1997 Wrote: Can you recount anything about the third place play off in 1990? Or even 4 years ago? (Without looking I can tell you it was Brazil against someone)

Holland beat Brazil. 

But it has always been a pointless match - the one that no player has ever aspired to.

Just give them all a bronze medal and let them go home.
(12-07-2018, 07:29 AM)mylo Wrote: Holland beat Brazil. 

But it has always been a pointless match - the one that no player has ever aspired to.

Just give them all a bronze medal and let them go home.

Oh yeah. I remember now. Louis Van Gaal brought on Vorm so everyone got a game. 

That's how important it is
(12-07-2018, 07:23 AM)jwb1997 Wrote: Can you recount anything about the third place play off in 1990? Or even 4 years ago? (Without looking I can tell you it was Brazil against someone)

I don't usually care, but England are playing so I do. Simple as that.

There is no situation where I'd be fine with a 10-0 defeat.
(12-07-2018, 07:23 AM)jwb1997 Wrote: Can you recount anything about the third place play off in 1990?

Yep we lost to Italy in a really entertaining game where both sides played open attacking football, I'm hoping for the same against Belgium and, I agree, I don't care about the score.
I don't really care about the result, but I would enjoy seeing a good game of football where I am not quite so emotionally invested in the game to the point where I feel sick.
I think the players will care about winning a bronze medal, but I expect England to field a similar team to that which they fielded against Belgium in the group match.
(12-07-2018, 09:07 AM)Mick Bratley Wrote: I think the players will care about winning a bronze medal, but I expect England to field a similar team to that which they fielded against Belgium in the group match.

I don't expect any of the big clubs will want their players involved in this virtually meaningless match; will they have a say in it?
(12-07-2018, 09:15 AM)norwichposh Wrote: I don't expect any of the big clubs will want their players involved in this virtually meaningless match; will they have a say in it?
No. That said I'd be amazed if the team doesn't look something like:

Butland
Alexander-Arnold
Jones
Cahill
Dier
Rose
Delph
Loftus-Cheek
Rashford
Vardy
Welbeck

With Pope maybe getting the second half. If more than 1 player (possibly one of the centre halves,) starts it after starting last night I'll be amazed.
(12-07-2018, 09:15 AM)norwichposh Wrote: I don't expect any of the big clubs will want their players involved in this virtually meaningless match; will they have a say in it?

No.

Although it doesn't hurt for Southgate to make a few concessions, in the spirit of future co-operation.

I'm particularly thinking those that have been carrying knocks - Alli, Henderson, Trippier.  I wouldn't go mad with changes though.  Always play to win, and we still have a good chance of Kane going home with a trophy - which means stopping Lukaku from scoring.
(12-07-2018, 09:24 AM)Meat\nTwoVeg Wrote: No. That said I'd be amazed if the team doesn't look something like:

Butland
Alexander-Arnold
Jones
Cahill
Dier
Rose
Delph
Loftus-Cheek
Rashford
Vardy
Welbeck

With Pope maybe getting the second half. If more than 1 player (possibly one of the centre halves,) starts it after starting last night I'll be amazed.

You think we'd play a new formation as well as changing every player?

Kane will play.
(12-07-2018, 09:28 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: You think we'd play a new formation as well as changing every player?

Kane will play.

Personally, I think the mentality I’d like us to show going forward is to play our strongest available team.
(12-07-2018, 09:28 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: You think we'd play a new formation as well as changing every player?

Kane will play.
No, I think they'll shoehorn dier in as a defender and stick either rashford or Vardy in Allis role to give the whole team a break.
(12-07-2018, 09:38 AM)ryanclark82 Wrote: Personally, I think the mentality I’d like us to show going forward is to play our strongest available team.

Me too. Let´s go for it and go home on a high. A third place finish would be awesome.

I care because of the fantasy league I am in - that is the only reason.
England B v Belgium B  ( Part 2 )

Gonna be a goal fest,  you'll be mad to miss it,  i hope it's on the Beeeeeeb  ! Beerchug
(12-07-2018, 09:24 AM)Meat\nTwoVeg Wrote: No. That said I'd be amazed if the team doesn't look something like:

Butland
Alexander-Arnold
Jones
Cahill
Dier
Rose
Delph
Loftus-Cheek
Rashford
Vardy
Welbeck

I suspect that, injuries/fatigue notwithstanding, Southgate will go full strength.

Butland
Alexander-Arnold
Jones
Cahill
Dier
Rose
Delph
Loftus-Cheek
Rashford
Vardy
Welbeck

I agree, though I do think Young will play, possibly his last international, and Kane will want to play for the chance of scoring for the golden boot.