No Surrender
Eejits
Twats
I'm sure that it was just a coincidence that it was the day before July 12th
(12-07-2018, 06:21 PM)Pat Wrote: I'm sure that it was just a coincidence that it was the day before July 12th

There are no matches today so probably not.
(12-07-2018, 06:05 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: Twats

I agree, FIFA really should look at more serious bollocks or have a listen to what songs are sung about England sometime.

At least we haven't heard about gangs of lads going out smashing the cars of the country that beat us like when it is Germany or France.  Wink
(12-07-2018, 06:21 PM)Pat Wrote: I'm sure that it was just a coincidence that it was the day before July 12th

Never.
(12-07-2018, 07:08 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: I agree, FIFA really should look at more serious bollocks or have a listen to what songs are sung about England sometime.

At least we haven't heard about gangs of lads going out smashing the cars of the country that beat us like when it is Germany or France.  Wink

If our fans sung discriminatory songs then they deserve punishment.  I don't care what other countries may or may not have done.  

I'm surprised there hasn't been yobs going around smashing up chess boards.
Will or have FIFA punished some of the Croatian players or fans for their comments about Ukraine hence large sections of Russian supporters booing them whilst in possession  ?
(12-07-2018, 07:46 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: If our fans sung discriminatory songs then they deserve punishment.  I don't care what other countries may or may not have done.  

I'm surprised there hasn't been yobs going around smashing up chess boards.

It's a bloody stupid song that is in the main sung by morons who wouldn't actually have the guts to fight those they mention as not 'surrendering' to.

It normally lasts a few seconds and nowadays is drowned out by the decent fans.

However now FIFA who are known to be totally ineffectual in trying (if they even do) in punishing those numerous crowds who chants racist songs all match have brought attention to the twats.

Did anyone actually hear it cos sure as shit I didn't.
(12-07-2018, 08:31 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: It's a bloody stupid song that is in the main sung by morons who wouldn't actually have the guts to fight those they mention as not 'surrendering' to.

It normally lasts a few seconds and nowadays is drowned out by the decent fans.

However now FIFA who are known to be totally ineffectual in trying (if they even do) in punishing those numerous crowds who chants racist songs all match have brought attention to the twats.

Did anyone actually hear it cos sure as shit I didn't.

No.  But if it happened then I'd hope FIFA act, in the same way I'd want them to in any similar situation.
(12-07-2018, 07:08 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: I agree, FIFA really should look at more serious bollocks or have a listen to what songs are sung about England sometime.

Whataboutery.

Which is ironic considering the subject of the song.
I have no idea what this thread is about, other than some of our fans may have sung something (though I have no clue what) that might have had the potential to offend someone. Or something.
(12-07-2018, 08:58 PM)Nick Wrote: I have no idea what this thread is about, other than some of our fans may have sung something (though I have no clue what) that might have had the potential to offend someone. Or something.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve heard the song sung before but never really understood what it means and the reason it’s sung.
(12-07-2018, 09:04 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve heard the song sung before but never really understood what it means and the reason it’s sung.

It's an Anti-IRA song inappropriately sung at England matches......I think?
(12-07-2018, 09:04 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ve heard the song sung before but never really understood what it means and the reason it’s sung.

(13-07-2018, 08:33 AM)norwichposh Wrote: It's an Anti-IRA song inappropriately sung at England matches......I think?

He knew full well mate, don't fall for it  Laughing

Fuck me, there aren't that many words in the chorus and the few there are make it pretty damn clear.
(13-07-2018, 11:15 AM)Wycliffe Wrote: He knew full well mate, don't fall for it  Laughing

Fuck me, there aren't that many words in the chorus and the few there are make it pretty damn clear.

I clearly know who the IRA are but I’ve never understood why it’s sung at football matches.
(13-07-2018, 11:35 AM)DeanHobbs Wrote: I clearly know who the IRA are but I’ve never understood why it’s sung at football matches.

I think the louts must believe they're somehow more English than those who don't sing it.  Tools.
(13-07-2018, 11:35 AM)DeanHobbs Wrote: I clearly know who the IRA are but I’ve never understood why it’s sung at football matches.

(13-07-2018, 11:46 AM)norwichposh Wrote: I think the louts must believe they're somehow more English than those who don't sing it.  Tools.

Macho bollocks mainly and it first surfaced to my knowledge when the 'friendly' in Dublin was abandoned.

Saying that in Germany 88 when a massive % of England fans were servicemen stationed out there (despite the warnings not to attend matches  Laughing) I was in the square in Stuttgart a few days before played Eire in the first match and a few young morons started singing anti irish songs in this large pub we were in.
Whilst the paddys were pretty much oblivious to that the RAF & Army lads around were not so swiftly 'sorted' out the miscreants.
Peace was restored and the excessive drinking continued until the next morning  Clap
A country whereby numerous inhabitants voted for Brexit, in racist chant shocker...

Who'd have thunked it!