HB Chris Turner. SoG
Today the great man would have been 68.

Love to Lynne.

X
Absolutely.    Thinking of you big man today. Thumbup

Proud to say same day as my youngest sons twin girls...……..10 years old today.
HB Chris
Would have been 72 today

[Image: a5728a48bb5c6a94dfb19b5252d8edcc.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy birthday Turns
Nice photo and poem from the great Toby Wood
He’s donated a load of cardboard coaster sized copies which we’ll endeavour to make a few quid for TR11 sometime
Top man.
[Image: 9835d3cba8512a82a05246200a640abd.jpg]
[Image: b732680cf615b4bf6923234ec0034281.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the blue stuff on the picture?

To be honest, they look more than a little bit naff, tbh.
(13-07-2023, 08:06 AM)AlcoPosh Wrote: What's the blue stuff on the picture?

To be honest, they look more than a little bit naff, tbh.

Probably the poor quality of the photo from my phone tbf
The Blue is the tint that Toby put on I imagine or was the reflection from the lights that are Blue on matchday.
I think the amazing bit is how the committee put so much thought in to the design that Chris was positioned in such a way on the plinth for this view of the moon being held up by his thumb was possible.

Thanks for the input though
I thought it was the camera flash on it at first but now I know it's the actual moon its cool although not sure on the blue but I guess you need to see it in the flesh
Happy Birthday Chris...I wonder if you up there with my Dad getting him to open his offy at 3am for post drink-drinks  Laughing
Fucked if I know how to download a photo but HB anyway to the great man. Would have been 73 today

I'll see him later as one of his lads Bobby Barnes is doing a talk down at the ground from 12 today
Off to London Rd later to see Bobby Barnes, ex Posh and all round good guy who gave a beautiful speech at the unveiling of CT5s statue and today, on Chris' birthday will be hosting a Q n' A from 12-2. Meant to be for oldies but if you remember 92 then you are officially old so would be welcom
Great manager. How much more might he have achieved had he received he same level of financial backing as Mr Ferguson, I wonder.

RIP.
(03-04-2024, 01:06 PM)PoshCynic Wrote: Great manager. How much more might he have achieved had he received he same level of financial backing as Mr Ferguson, I wonder.

RIP.

I don’t think you can compare the two. Chris was an “in the trenches” manager, elevating (for the most part) journeymen players to a level way above the sum of their parts. You often find with those types of managers that they don’t perform as well with money or more talented groups of players. 

I certainly wouldn’t mind having CT the player as an option when we play teams with big lumps up front, though.
(03-04-2024, 01:06 PM)PoshCynic Wrote: Great manager. How much more might he have achieved had he received he same level of financial backing as Mr Ferguson, I wonder.

RIP.

We were talking about this at the Bobby Barnes talk. In effect Devaney backed CT in relatively, the same way Darragh has financially supported Fergie.

Certainly, his master stroke in getting Messrs Adcock and Barnes could not have happened on the cheap
(03-04-2024, 06:34 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: We were talking about this at the Bobby Barnes talk. In effect Devaney backed CT in relatively, the same way Darragh has financially supported Fergie.

Certainly, his master stroke in getting Messrs Adcock and Barnes could not have happened on the cheap

That record breaking transfer deadline day wouldn't have been cheap either. 

There wasn't the money in football back then but CT was able to go into the transfer market whenever he needed to. 

He certainly didn't have to go almost a season with a raffle winner up front even if Ken Charlery did seem like one at first