•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 

Concerning times at Posh
(19-09-2022, 07:57 PM)The Gaffer Wrote: Darragh and Jason Neale quash the rumours and will elaborate in the podcast Wednesday.

He must need the numbers for his sponsors.
(19-09-2022, 07:57 PM)The Gaffer Wrote: Darragh and Jason Neale quash the rumours and will elaborate in the podcast Wednesday.

This will be interesting.
(19-09-2022, 07:57 PM)The Gaffer Wrote: Darragh and Jason Neale quash the rumours and will elaborate in the podcast Wednesday.

I may have read it slightly different

I saw Jason said he'd been in touch with DMac and indeed Randy via the owners group whatsapp

And DMac is doing his pod

time will tell
The relationship between Darragh and Jason was confirmed as fine.

The relationship between Randy and Darragh was confirmed as fine.

It was confirmed they talk in a 'whatsup' group.

No mention of the relationship between Jason and Randy though.
(19-09-2022, 09:19 PM)James Wrote: The relationship between Darragh and Jason was confirmed as fine.

The relationship between Randy and Darragh was confirmed as fine.

It was confirmed they talk in a 'whatsup' group.

No mention of the relationship between Jason and Randy though.
Is that a standard, blokes 'fine' or a wife / girlfriends 'fine'?
Having just had a look at Posh stuff on Twitter, I might give Hard Truth a listen tomorrow.

Darragh is certainly in one of his pugnacious moods.
The plot thickens:

The football club have issued the below statement;

Peterborough United can confirm it has been charged by the EFL for breaching regulations 2.5 & 2.6 of the Owners and Directors’ Test Submission, in respect of the appointment of David Paton to the role of Chief Executive Officer at the Club in January 2022.

Mr Paton has been suspended from his role as Chief Executive Officer, pending the conclusion of an EFL investigation into these matters. The Club has co-operated fully with the EFL in its investigation. None of the owners of the Club, have been charged with any breaches.

Whilst the EFL investigation remains on-going Leighton Mitchell has been appointed as Interim Chief Executive Officer of the Club.

The Club will provide a further update as soon as it is able to do so, once it has had further dialogue with the EFL and its lawyers.
CEO charged with breaching the fit and proper persons’ test. https://www.theposh.com/news/official-club-statement-1
(22-09-2022, 05:07 PM)PompeyPosh Wrote: CEO charged with breaching the fit and proper persons’ test. https://www.theposh.com/news/official-club-statement-1

Ah, the rumour that could only be hinted has been confirmed then.

Fucking hell.
What a shambles.
The rules referred to:

2.5 If any person proposes to become a Relevant Person of that Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or but not including any instance where a Person is proposing to acquire Control of the Club):

2.5.1 the Club shall no later than 10 Normal Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such person shall become a Relevant Person submit to The League a duly completed Declaration in respect of that person, at which point that person shall be bound by and subject to the Regulations; and

2.5.2 within 5 Normal Working Days of receipt thereof The League shall advise the Club of the time-frame within which The League, acting reasonably, expects to be able to finalise its enquiries in respect of that person; and

2.5.3 following completion of those enquiries, The League shall advise the Club in accordance with Rule 4.1 whether or not The League considers that the person is subject to a Disqualifying Condition.

2.6 A Person may not do anything that brings them within the definition of a Relevant Person, and the Club may not permit them to do anything that brings them within that definition, unless and until the Club has received confirmation from The League in accordance with Rule 2.5© that as far as The League is aware the person is not subject to any Disqualifying Condition.
It sounds like the club are guilty of not informing the EFL that they had appointed a new CEO and to compound it, he actually failed the fit and proper persons test as well. A bit of a shit show by the sounds of it.

(22-09-2022, 05:12 PM)mylo Wrote: Ah, the rumour that could only be hinted has been confirmed then.

Fucking hell.

I was wondering when it would surface, people on this forum have been making sarky comments about the CEO for bloody ages.
(22-09-2022, 05:55 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: It sounds like the club are guilty of not informing the EFL that they had appointed a new CEO and to compound it, he actually failed the fit and proper persons test as well.  A bit of a shit show by the sounds of it.
I wonder who’s job it was to keep the EFL informed of regulatory matters?
So much for Jason stating it was a personal issue and he'd be back soon  Laughing

Not being able to go public on here re this.

There was so much shit going on at Bloomfield Rd for long enough I have to say I am surprised it wasn't found it pretty easily
Why can we not just be normal?
(22-09-2022, 06:16 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: So much for Jason stating it was a personal issue and he'd be back soon  Laughing

Not being able to go public on here re this.

There was so much shit going on at Bloomfield Rd for long enough I have to say I am surprised it wasn't found it pretty easily

Wasn't all that shit to do with the Oysten family?

If I've read it correctly, David Paton was at Blackpool in an interim role after they'd been ran out of the club.
Who recruited him DMAC?

Whoever it was didn't do their job very well at all.
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...ed-3529177

Interesting that he wasn't actually ever full time at BFC. He did however work as a consultant when the Oystons were ousted and the club were in receivership.

(22-09-2022, 06:26 PM)mylo Wrote: Wasn't all that shit to do with the Oysten family?

If I've read it correctly, David Paton was at Blackpool in an interim role after they'd been ran out of the club.

yeah, updated

soz
(22-09-2022, 05:55 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: It sounds like the club are guilty of not informing the EFL that they had appointed a new CEO and to compound it, he actually failed the fit and proper persons test as well.  A bit of a shit show by the sounds of it.

I was wondering when it would surface, people on this forum have been making sarky comments about the CEO for bloody ages.

That's how I read the regs.

(22-09-2022, 06:14 PM)Nelson PK Wrote: I wonder who’s job it was to keep the EFL informed of regulatory matters?

And this was my immediate thought also.

I doubt the EFL would be so sniffy about matters if there were no skeletons in the DP cupboard.

Did anyone think about due diligence?
Wonder who is at fault though......

Reads as if David Paton is in the wrong. But surely its the club's job to do the checks.

Seems like the usual 'club statement' cover up.

By all accounts, that interim guy doesn't know his a**e from his elbow but time will tell.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next