Vontae Daley-Campbell (RB) signs
(14-02-2024, 10:45 PM)jozefthemad Wrote: Yeah a quick Google on the Bluebirds fans sites and .... I wish I hadn't. 

You might prefer what Dundee fans said 

https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/topic/284.../#comments

I'm looking forward to seeing him. We've been playing like our right side has had a stroke since we beat a very poor Charlton team.

(15-02-2024, 07:43 AM)kaasprodukte Wrote: They really did not...there was nothing but muted praise for him at the time of his signature.

Yeah, they were a bit perplexed that we'd gone in so soon for him just as the Colchester fans were about Poku.

Both are working out for us.
(14-02-2024, 09:26 PM)Crusader Wrote: Let's just give him a chance and see if Fergie can get the best out of him.
Very unlike .net to get so worked up over someone essentially on a work experience placement until the end of the season.

As Crusader says.
Nobody is getting worked up. It's perfectly normal to be interested in what fans of his previous clubs think of him.

I look forward to seeing him, hopefully he can give us a bit of what we've been missing since Kioso's departure.
Hes a right back
We don't have a right back , cant sign one unless it's a non contracted player so it's a start.

We are told we have 3 targets for every position but it looks like whoever is trying to hit had the same coach as Ricky jade jones

We were rightly targeted down that side every game and lost goals

Good luck to him
(15-02-2024, 10:20 AM)Henry Vill Wrote: You might prefer what Dundee fans said 

I'm looking forward to seeing him. We've been playing like our right side has had a stroke since we beat a very poor Charlton team.

Yeah, they were a bit perplexed that we'd gone in so soon for him just as the Colchester fans were about Poku.

Both are working out for us.

One of the comments on the Dundee forum was a 'unit with pace' so could be as good as Leon or as shite as RJJ (sorry mate) or anywhere in between.

I reckon he will be at the Leon end of the scale just because I am an optimist and choose to disregard Dundee playing at about National League North/South level at the time.
(15-02-2024, 10:20 AM)Henry Vill Wrote: You might prefer what Dundee fans said 

Never known .net to be so complementary about an incoming player before they have even seen him play! Players are usually condemned just because of their name! Surely this lad has been brought in for his defensive abilities?

So after one game in the Scottish Premier League, the thoughts of a few of their fans!! Dull  that he was ok going forward but defensively was poor, is not really filling me with confidence. 

'Defensively he lost his man on a couple of occasions.'
'I agree he lost his man a few times.'
'A little suspect defensively I thought but will hopefully be a bit more clued up once he settles!

Early days and we will see how he does after the Posh coaches think if or when he may be ready.
(15-02-2024, 12:10 PM)Rich Wrote: Nobody is getting worked up. It's perfectly normal to be interested in what fans of his previous clubs think of him.

I’ve noticed it’s a common thing on here of late to see posts accusing people on the board of getting unnecessarily worked up when in reality nothing of the sort is taking occurring.
(15-02-2024, 01:16 PM)kaasprodukte Wrote: One of the comments on the Dundee forum was a 'unit with pace' so could be as good as Leon or as shite as RJJ (sorry mate) or anywhere in between.

I reckon he will be at the Leon end of the scale just because I am an optimist and choose to disregard Dundee playing at about National League North/South level at the time.

are you having some sort of below the equator senior moment here?

We are talking right backs, not strikers. Will he be Alan Paris or will he be Kenny Webster?

This might be binary.
(15-02-2024, 01:48 PM)Henry Vill Wrote: are you having some sort of below the equator senior moment here?

We are talking right backs, not strikers. Will he be Alan Paris or will he be Kenny Webster?

This might be binary.

I was more referring to the 'big unit' bit rather than adding any positional considerations...next time I will choose my greatness and shite polar opposites more carefully though.

I am especially sorry I used RJJ when answering you in particular.
(15-02-2024, 01:47 PM)ryanclark82 Wrote: I’ve noticed it’s a common thing on here of late to see posts accusing people on the board of getting unnecessarily worked up when in reality nothing of the sort is taking occurring.

This absolutely.

Gets to the point where I think, should I even post as somebody will claim I need to calm down or I'm over reacting. It's a forum? Where you talk.

After reading more from the other teams on forums he appears quick. He's played a lot of youth level and reserve football and all teams have said what he needs most is senior football experience to develop, 

Let's hope he hits the ground running and can force himself into he side, we all want him to do well and stop this rot that's setting in. My biggest issue with all of this though is all a bit reactive, we have had plenty of time to resolve this RB issue and once again we don't think our youth is good enough above a maverick player who's never really played senior football, it's another gamble.
Banter tackles at 1:45

https://youtu.be/IUzNsibezyQ?si=3_c36OId1ACLXBl3

And here

https://fb.watch/qe2pngOxTI/?
Looks like this was some sort of Make-a-Wish situation.

On yesterday's showing, Dornelly needs to be first cab off the rank if Katongo is unavailable/being used elsewhere.
(21-04-2024, 12:02 PM)James Wrote: Looks like this was some sort of Make-a-Wish situation.

On yesterday's showing, Dornelly needs to be first cab off the rank if Katongo is unavailable/being used elsewhere.

I'd genuinely forgotten about him.  Having just turned 23, so too old for the academy and seemingly not ready for the first team, I assume he'll be released over the summer.
(21-04-2024, 12:16 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: I'd genuinely forgotten about him.  Having just turned 23, so too old for the academy and seemingly not ready for the first team, I assume he'll be released over the summer.

His picture in the Wembley programme caused some mirth. Didn't exactly look like a pro athlete.
(21-04-2024, 12:25 PM)JM68 Wrote: His picture in the Wembley programme caused some mirth. Didn't exactly look like a pro athlete.

I think he did. I'm just not sure of his best position. Prop or hooker.
Well, if he could not get into the team last night against Cheltenham he certainly hasn't got a future beyond June this year.