•  Previous
  • 9(current)

Posh v Carlisle
(29-03-2024, 09:02 PM)Leamington_posh Wrote: Most points have been made. 
Additional I thought JCH looked understandably rusty. One of his attempted bicycle kicks was a bit embarrassing. 
This defeats was by no means down to him though.

The first one he should have and from were I was in LRE could had headed it, no idea why he went for the stupid bike kick.  Surely on both occasions if you looking to get on the end of a cross and within 8 yards from the goal you shouldn't be standing with you back to it. Still he maybe should have been on at HT.
(29-03-2024, 07:39 PM)warwickposh Wrote: Which is why he is starting. Some people thought he would be taking us up / Bilo was the reason we weren’t Top 2

Steer isn't perfect but he's miles ahead of our other keepers.

Bilo routinely failed to control the six yard box, let alone the 18 yard box, and far too many times presented the opposition with the ball for a "free" goal. 

The multi-season experiment of having cheap, inexperienced goalkeepers has proved very costly in real terms.

That penny may finally have dropped, although the cost of the additional keeper has perhaps meant playing the second half of this season without a proper right back, which is also, sadly, costly.

(30-03-2024, 10:59 AM)Henry Vill Wrote: Yeah.

We are at the needing a man not a boy end of the season.

I'm afraid our luck with blagging it with an inexperienced striker or an inept one who runs around a lot might be over. It was JCH who won us the match at Burton and he was our most likely source of another two goals yesterday.

Reconfigure for crosses. I've had enough of watching that ponce Randall not contribute anything worthwhile so put someone else in the hole who isn't frightened of doing something or being man marked.

Fergie badly needs to adapt. We had a lot of success this term with one style of play, which opposition coaches have now worked on countering. 

Before yesterday I though de Havilland would stay in for Monday, but after yesterday's bad game, I now think Kyps will likely return against his old club as hopefully Fergie has realised we need the greater attacking versatility he offers.
(30-03-2024, 12:45 PM)Henry Vill Wrote: You are free to not pick anybody 

But having a pop at those who have like Tommy Two Teams has is a bit much. 

There's been some piss takers who are easy enough to ignore but this is really making me consider if it's worth my time next season.

I was making my comment about Burrows nothing to do with rate the players, so don't understand your reply to me. I don't participate in the rate the players malarkey.
(30-03-2024, 01:13 PM)Swinesheadchippi Wrote: I don't participate in the rate the players malarkey.

It's good although, IMO, a little spoiled by those who don't understand that you don't have to award six points every game, which distorts the overall final results.
(30-03-2024, 01:13 PM)Swinesheadchippi Wrote: I was making my comment about Burrows nothing to do with rate the players, so don't understand your reply to me. I don't participate in the rate the players malarkey.

It was aimed at somebody further up the thread encouraging people not to score.
Many games this season 6 points wasnt enough. But you always have the option to give less
(30-03-2024, 01:19 PM)JM68 Wrote: It's good although, IMO, a little spoiled by those who don't understand that you don't have to award six points every game, which distorts the overall final results.

Doesn't spoil it at all. 

Some people want to point out who their three best players were from the match.

It certainly helps prevent ties when it comes to doing the final result. 

And I don't think we've had many unfair results, if any.

So long as it doesn't feel like a waste of my time I'm going to do some graphs and whatnot showing when players picked up points during the season. I can already see that some definitely have spells of playing well before falling away and others have been consistent all season. And I believe it's a fair reflection if what we have seen on the pitch.

All data is good so please ignore anybody who tries to discourage you from posting ratings. The piss takers are on ignore so they were never going to affect any outcomes
(29-03-2024, 09:02 PM)Leamington_posh Wrote: Most points have been made. 
Additional I thought JCH looked understandably rusty. One of his attempted bicycle kicks was a bit embarrassing. 
This defeats was by no means down to him though.

Not half as embarrassing as Jones miss kick
Cambridgeshire Sport - Darren Ferguson post Peterborough 1-3 Carlisle - BBC Sounds
Apologies to Stul, Henry XIII and anyone else who was annoyed by my ‘don’t post any player ratings’ post.

I was pissed (physically - a few too many pints of Guinness! and mentally - annoyed we missed a golden opportunity yesterday).

We all make mistakes. Hopefully mine will be forgiven.

UTP.
(30-03-2024, 07:07 PM)DiamondPosh Wrote: Apologies to Stul, Henry XIII and anyone else who was annoyed by my ‘don’t post any player ratings’ post.

I was pissed (physically - a few too many pints of Guinness! and mentally - annoyed we missed a golden opportunity yesterday).

We all make mistakes. Hopefully mine will be forgiven.

UTP.
Fair play. In the past now.

It's not like Mylo to overreact.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)