•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 

Posh v Fleetwood
(17-04-2024, 12:41 PM)Nick Wrote: You could stick a tailors dummy on the penalty spot, and it would get as many goals a game from rebounds as RJJ has got. 

We’ve been saying it for a long time - he just isn’t a footballer, and it’s embarrassing for him and the club. We have a duty of care to stop making him look stupid in front of 8,000 people every week.

I genuinely think he'll go on to have a relatively good career in football, and I don't mean in the Adam Fry "football acting extra" way, but League 2 / National League.

His goals per 90 is higher than Mo Eisas final season here, for example.
(17-04-2024, 12:41 PM)Nick Wrote: You could stick a tailors dummy on the penalty spot, and it would get as many goals a game from rebounds as RJJ has got. 

We’ve been saying it for a long time - he just isn’t a footballer, and it’s embarrassing for him and the club. We have a duty of care to stop making him look stupid in front of 8,000 people every week.
I'm not his biggest fan , but he can be asset if we play him on the wing. Time and time again he has proved he is  no striker. Its not all about scoring goals but a striker needs much more than the ability  to run fast.
(17-04-2024, 12:42 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: What a mental game  Laughing

I actually really enjoyed that 2nd half. I was expecting a pretty boring match with no atmosphere, but the ref certainly livened things up. Everyone was going crazy about the offside thingy, but they were all wrong about the rules. 

Someone did make the point though, that if a similar thing had happened and (in the highly unlikely scenario) that if the ball reached our penalty area by the time the player made an attempt to play the ball, would it be a penalty?

Looks like we picked up a few injuries just in time for the crucial part of the season. I reckon JCH still has a vital part to play in that and should have actually played a bigger part thus far, but hey-ho.

Steer's best save was the block rather than his two penalty saves that were fairly weak efforts, but he did well to go the right way each time.

Archie Collins was outstanding yet again - what a fucking player.
No - offside results in an indirect free kick.
Lot of admeration for JCH the way he's handled being all but rejected, good luck to him and I hope he gets a good payday at the end of the season

JCH showed last night that you don't have to run fast but have a strikers brain RJJ will never have that, a football brain

JCH has been completely wasted for most of this season but showed last night what we are missing came on in the 79th min and 2 goals and an assist
(17-04-2024, 01:29 PM)BillyBob Wrote: Lot of admeration for JCH the way he's handled being all but rejected, good luck to him and I hope he gets a good payday at the end of the season

JCH showed last night that you don't have to run fast but have a strikers brain RJJ will never have that a football brain is pushing it 

JCH has been completely wasted for most of this season but showed last night what we are missing came on in the 79th min and 2 goals and an assist

He did similar at Burton too, when we needed him.
(17-04-2024, 01:11 PM)Zola Wrote: I'm not his biggest fan , but he can be asset if we play him on the wing. Time and time again he has proved he is  no striker. Its not all about scoring goals but a striker needs much more than the ability  to run fast.

I agree but he would need to learn to look up and accurately cross to a team mate or get a shot on target when cutting in.

They all count no matter how they end up in the back of the net but I would love to see a compilation of those 8 goals!

(17-04-2024, 01:29 PM)BillyBob Wrote: Lot of admeration for JCH the way he's handled being all but rejected, good luck to him and I hope he gets a good payday at the end of the season

JCH showed last night that you don't have to run fast but have a strikers brain RJJ will never have that a football brain

This
His attitude has been faultless.
(17-04-2024, 01:29 PM)BillyBob Wrote: Lot of admiration for JCH the way he's handled being all but rejected, good luck to him and I hope he gets a good payday at the end of the season

JCH showed last night that you don't have to run fast but have a strikers brain RJJ will never have that a football brain

Yes. The  Chairman and Manager seem to be blinkered when assessing the qualities of JCH compared with the other so called strikers. JCH is a natural goal scorer - the others are not in my opinion.
(17-04-2024, 01:54 PM)Crusader Wrote: They all count no matter how they end up in the back of the net but I would love to see a compilation of those 8 goals!

Banger after banger
(17-04-2024, 02:56 PM)SpaldingPosh Wrote: Banger after banger

The only bad finish there is the Wycombe one. All the others are good strikers finishes
Ferguson relieved Posh 'took care of business' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68833765

I wonder if the maximum Youtube video length of 12 hours would be compromised if there was a compilation of every time the silly bollocks missed an absolute sitter or just the entire ball completely?
Are we tight up enough to be trying to not pay appearance and goal bonuses for JCH, bearing in mind our budget for the season wouldn’t ah e included paying him?

That would make a good sales video!
I may be wrong but I thought he was credited with a goal Stevenage (a) I didn't see that one on there.

Not only that, he has the coolest goal celebration out there.  Sticking it to the Cheese Products everywhere.
(17-04-2024, 03:48 PM)Crusader Wrote: That would make a good sales video!
I may be wrong but I thought he was credited with a goal Stevenage (a) I didn't see that one on there.

very true. 
He looks very impressive on that footage, we just have to hope Newcastle / Leeds / Rotherham *  do not opt for a 'in the flesh' assessment before offering their millions
(17-04-2024, 09:45 AM)PaddyPosh Wrote: I doubt he will start jch moving forward though as despite scoring he clearly doesn’t think he suits, neither does the chairman (let’s not forget him publicly blaming him pretty much for the Barnsley game was it?)

The Chairman does not (or certainly should not) pick the team

Nothing wrong with any of those finishes. 

Of course you could compile a video of similar length of the ones he has missed, however he has to be in the right place to miss them. He isn’t as bad as some endlessly keep shouting and  making out. I suspect he will have a full career in football. Not sure if he will ever reach a much higher level, but then again maybe a different coaching team could see him improve still further. 

Remember CMS was quick, closed down defenders/keepers resulting in them making errors. He also used to miss a lot of chances and early on struggled especially 1:1s with the keeper. He of course quickly improved.
(17-04-2024, 04:43 PM)belfastposh Wrote: The Chairman does not (or certainly should not) pick the team

Didn’t say he did but he has a voice which he likes to use. 

I’d personally start him, get him some more game time. I wouldn’t change too much though, but some rotation with the likes of JCH, ajiboye etc would be good
(17-04-2024, 05:04 PM)PoshinDevon Wrote: Remember CMS was quick, closed down defenders/keepers resulting in them making errors. He also used to miss a lot of chances and early on struggled especially 1:1s with the keeper. He of course quickly improved.

Comparing RJJ to CMs is laughable it did not take CMS over 100 games to get there

RJJ struggles with 1 on 0's as last Saturday showed, he's not improved much at all considering the amount of game times he gets

Watching him AT games not on TV really shows how poor he is, I would love to be proved wrong but theres only one wy RJJ is heading and it aint up the leagues
(17-04-2024, 04:33 PM)A Retired Layabout Wrote: very true. 
He looks very impressive on that footage, we just have to hope Newcastle / Leeds / Rotherham *  do not opt for a 'in the flesh' assessment before offering their millions

I would think Mr Evans is as familiar with his wastefulness as we are!

(17-04-2024, 05:04 PM)PoshinDevon Wrote: Nothing wrong with any of those finishes. 

Of course you could compile a video of similar length of the ones he has missed, however he has to be in the right place to miss them. He isn’t as bad as some endlessly keep shouting and  making out. I suspect he will have a full career in football. Not sure if he will ever reach a much higher level, but then again maybe a different coaching team could see him improve still further. 

Remember CMS was quick, closed down defenders/keepers resulting in them making errors. He also used to miss a lot of chances and early on struggled especially 1:1s with the keeper. He of course quickly improved.

You could compile a much longer one where he has missed the target.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next