Bristol Rovers v Posh
Bristol Rovers 0-2 Peterborough United | League One highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/video...highlights via @SkySports
Posh will take satisfaction from a comfortable win even though other results didn't go their way

Peterborough United will take satisfaction from a comfortable win even though other results didn't go their way (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)
2 games to go and if we have 2x4- nil wins and Derby lose to Carlisle we are up.

Always believe and always Steamin In. COYP
(20-04-2024, 07:43 PM)DiamondPosh Wrote: Really? Malik was our best player today and if Poku really is injured long-term, should start ahead of Ajiboye wide in the playoffs.

Wasn't Ajiboye our best player a few games ago?
One thing I did like aswell as the result, I liked the way the older and wiser heads looked after Dornelly. I think Darragh's point on his podcast this week about cohesion and harmony amongst the squad has been really telling this season.
(20-04-2024, 05:00 PM)A Retired Layabout Wrote: I think this confirms MM is better on the LW than he is at CF. (So we need a No 9 for next season).

Dornelly could be very good, unfortunately he is too eager to make the back-pass (Posh coaching I suspect).

Ajiboye looks better when out wide, and tends to get himself lost the moment he cuts inside.

Randall, 3 very scorable chances, so not surprised he opted not to celebrate a tap in the blind mans dog could of converted.
As positive as ever  Laughing
(20-04-2024, 07:15 PM)BlackpoolPosh Wrote: Agreed. JCH ineffective, Malik one key pass but otherwise lightweight and a passenger, Ricky comes on and has a stonewall penalty turned down and gets on the scoresheet.

He shouldn't be our main centre forward next season though, an area that will definitely need investment.

Goodness me. As Fergie said, he gave his marker a torrid time 

A professional performance overall. 
If we don't concede silly goals by us making mistakes we win cos we score (generally)
Great full debut by JD
Excellent day out, first minibus trip for many years and it's something I'll be doing again soon.
(21-04-2024, 12:02 PM)James Wrote: Looks like this was some sort of Make-a-Wish situation.

On yesterday's showing, Dornelly needs to be first cab off the rank if Katongo is unavailable/being used elsewhere.

Thought Dornelly was great yesterday especially first half. 3-4 times he also broke forward, passed it to Ajiboye and then was on for the pass back in a great forward position. However Ajiboye didn't pass it back and ended up losing it on making the wrong decision. 
(21-04-2024, 12:13 PM)Capetownposh Wrote: Thought Dornelly was great yesterday especially first half. 3-4 times he also broke forward, passed it to Ajiboye and then was on for the pass back in a great forward position. However Ajiboye didn't pass it back and ended up losing it on making the wrong decision. 

Dornelly reflects on his league debut

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...rs-4599324 
I though Dornelly did well, especially in the first half.   I think it is easier to bring younger players from the academy into the first team when you have a lot of consistency in your selection and formation like we've had this season. Because like someone said the senior or regular players around them can talk to them, guide them and support them.

Pleased Jones and Randall both scored.

I though Mothersille did well, especially in the first half and looked like he could play on the left wing once the king EMC vacates the throne in the summer.

Ajiboye did well in my opinion, i would also like to see him given game time on the left wing once king EMC vacates his throne to see how he gets on, i think it is easier to play on the wing as a right footer on the left wing and vice versa. But he does do ok when on the right wing at times, but hard to get consistent run of games when Poku and EMC are fit and available.

Good to get the clean sheet.

Shame those pats at the shabbey didn't get a draw at least vs Derby.

Edited.
(22-04-2024, 06:34 PM)poshboyest1984 Wrote: I though Dornelly did well, especially in the first half.   I think it is easier to bring younger players from the academy into the first team when you have a lot of consistency in your selection and formation like we've had this season. Because like someone said the senior or regular players around them can't talk to them, guide them and support them.
Surely, that is exactly what senior or regular players  - can and should do -guide and support the youngsters.
(22-04-2024, 08:16 PM)PoshCynic Wrote: Surely, that is exactly what senior or regular players  - can and should do -guide and support the youngsters.

It was a clumsy statement but I think he meant whilst playing in the academy
Fact is JCH in particular but also the young but experienced players have been massively supportive of the up and coming lads.
(22-04-2024, 08:16 PM)PoshCynic Wrote: Surely, that is exactly what senior or regular players  - can and should do -guide and support the youngsters.

Yes, but it's better for all parties IF the team selection and formation is consistent, as it has been this season, but other seasons when we've constantly chopped and changed players game to game and week to week and played square pegs in round holes as we have many times and has been constantly talked about on here prior to this season.

I'm sure you knew what i was trying to say and point i was trying to make in my other post.

(22-04-2024, 08:26 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: It was a clumsy statement but I think he meant whilst playing in the academy
Fact is JCH in particular but also the young but experienced players have been massively supportive of the up and coming lads.

I meant like with Dornelly on Saturday he came into the first team starting line up and the players around him have been regular in those positions like having josh knight next to him kyprianou or collins  and ajiboye or puku in front of him.

Effectively dropping a youth team player into the normal line up when those around him know there own jobs like the back of there hand  so can Shepherd the younger player through.

Unlike if we constantly changed formation and personnel , so the senior players are not 100% used  to there own jobs and roles and partnerships so they can't help the younger player/s.

Fuck that was hard work.  Thud
(22-04-2024, 09:28 PM)poshboyest1984 Wrote: Fuck that was hard work.  Thud
Reading it, it was!
(22-04-2024, 09:28 PM)poshboyest1984 Wrote: Fuck that was hard work.  Thud

I haven't knowingly met you but please don't tell me you speak like you write, ie say 300 words when 3 would suffice  Laughing