•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 

Cheltenham v Posh
I get that many of these are young players with little first team experience, but is it unreasonable to expect that some of them might show a little more potential than kids who are more used to just jogging around on a school playing field?
TBH I wouldn’t even have Bilo on the bench after tonight. Of the rest of the reserves who started only Dornelly and Mills are worth persevering with next season.
That was shit
(23-04-2024, 10:30 PM)Hugh Janus Wrote: I get that many of these are young players with little first team experience, but is it unreasonable to expect that some of them might show a little more potential than kids who are more used to just jogging around on a school playing field?

Dornelly and Mills have been our best players tonight.
Thank fuck that's over.

If first teamers move on in the summer we simply must replace them. Can't rely on that shower of shit stepping up.
(23-04-2024, 10:37 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: Dornelly and Mills have been our best players tonight.
I thought Jonson Clarke-Harris did his best under the cirumstances.
Attendance: 3,873
Terrible end of season performance. Now now hope of promotion automatic and we will likely be no better in playoffs
(23-04-2024, 10:46 PM)poshlovers Wrote: Terrible end of season performance. Now now hope of promotion automatic and we will likely be no better in playoffs

Do you really think we'll play that 11 in the play-offs?  Laughing
(23-04-2024, 10:46 PM)poshlovers Wrote: Terrible end of season performance. Now now hope of promotion automatic and we will likely be no better in playoffs

Don't be daft, we've just played half a reserve team.

Are you high?

Laughing

Silly Billy!

You can put a line through this. It will have no effect whatsoever on our play off prospects.

I am feeling pretty confident on the whole. 

Cometh the hour… UTP
This forum never ceases to amaze. People losing their shit over what was basically a training match.
Couldn't give a shit about the result and some regular players got a rest.
(23-04-2024, 11:06 PM)Noufari Wrote: Silly Billy!

You can put a line through this. It will have no effect whatsoever on our play off prospects.

I am feeling pretty confident on the whole. 

Cometh the hour… UTP

So I’ve started to feel less and less confident in the last week and it has nothing to do with tonight. I just worry that the season has take a toll on a lot of our players. Anyway we will see.
Once he'd made the decision to half-arse it, defeat was inevitable. If Derby lose by a couple, which I concede is unlikely, we'll look very silly here.

Bolton really is a dead rubber now, I'd still expect a couple of first teamers in, just to build some momentum. Beating Bolton would be a big morale boost, especially given we're likely to see them at Wembley
Hopefully that's finally the end of the continual young/shit/inexperienced/cheap starting goalkeeper experiment for ever.

And Talley needs to be on the bench for the remaining 3-4 games.
(23-04-2024, 11:13 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: Bolton really is a dead rubber now, I'd still expect a couple of first teamers in, just to build some momentum.  Beating Bolton would be a big morale boost, especially given we're likely to see them at Wembley

Which is why he rested players tonight.
(23-04-2024, 11:14 PM)ExPat Wrote: Which is why he rested players tonight.

I understand why he did it, I just don't fully agree.
What worries me is that if we get promotion I think we will struggle. If we stay in league one most of the first team will probably move on so will also struggle. Just concerning what our defence will look like.

I didn't hold out much hope this season but was pleasantly surprised, not sure it will end well next time. Hope I'm wrong.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next