•  Previous
  • 29(current)

Posh v Wycombe (EFL Trophy Final)
(08-04-2024, 03:51 PM)Fatter than Lee Tomlin Wrote: There was some poor bugger in our section who was on his stag do. His mates had clearly thought long and hard about how best to punish him. Any guesses as to what they did?

I've seen a Posh stag do where they made the stag wear a Scum shirt.  Was it that?
(08-04-2024, 02:54 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: He says otherwise.  He said it was a cross to the far post.

He was joking - it was definitely a shot :wink:

When it came back to him I was thinking, just get it back in because he’d already put some good deliveries in but didn’t expect that. It left me speechless.
(08-04-2024, 11:48 AM)matt_posh Wrote: Baker Street was a pretty impressive sight from 11.30 onwards; and I must say that the organisation at Peterborough the train station in the morning was first class. Surprisingly, despite the scaremongering, there were no issues at all.

It was indeed first class no problems at all

A great day out, capped by Posh building the tension by letting Wycombe equalise..........
(08-04-2024, 03:56 PM)norwichposh Wrote: I've seen a Posh stag do where they made the stag wear a Scum shirt.  Was it that?

It was! Even had his name and stag date on the back!
(08-04-2024, 02:54 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: He says otherwise.  He said it was a cross to the far post.

Ha ha - never saw his interview ! Had a heavy afternoon in the sun on German lager, watched the game at teatime then dived straight into a gig and only willy up at lunchtime!

Going to binge watch clips etc tonight
I was just thinking/hoping this has 1992 vibes about it before that last corner for the goal as my phone was desperately low on battery and was never going to make it through extra time and penalties; so for that alone big up Burrows you beauty !
RJJ post-Wembley:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...ws-4583648

Steer post-Wembley

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...er-4583331

A behind the scenes video from Sunday:

https://youtu.be/8MTs_cmlKSw?si=Z3iCPo2Ha8vO9SrO

From Peterborough United fan in the stands to Wembley match winner - the making of Posh hero Harrison Burrows

From Peterborough United fan in the stands to Wembley match winner - the making of Posh hero Harrison Burrows (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)
(08-04-2024, 11:20 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: If you google EFL Trophy you get blue fireworks on the screen, which is a nice touch.

Also happens if you google Posh, The Posh, Peterborough United, etc....
(08-04-2024, 12:18 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: He won't be at LR next season I fear

Wonder how many will be left!

Great great day to be a Posh fan in the meantime.
(08-04-2024, 07:49 PM)poznan posh Wrote: Ha ha - never saw his interview ! Had a heavy afternoon in the sun on German lager, watched the game at teatime then dived straight into a gig and only willy up at lunchtime!

Going to binge watch clips etc tonight

What else were you hoping might be up?
I have to agree with DMac who, on hard truth today rightly big upped the Posh media team who have really put out some fantastic coverage all week including the past couple of days.
(08-04-2024, 11:13 PM)Noufari Wrote: Wonder how many will be left!

Great great day to be a Posh fan in the meantime.

Indeed a great day. 

Sadly without promotion I fear at least 4-6 of the current squad will leave over the summer. Promotion just might be the glue which will make them want to stay. The words young, talented squad and the way we  bring in, develop and then sell on was mentioned many times.

Whilst the game itself wasn’t a classic, we were the better footballing side and deserved the win. Wycombe had us worked out tactically, pressing but never over committed to allow gaps to be found. However; they didn’t really offer much up front. Some may moan at our passing around at the back and midfield, but we have over the season improved how we play this way. For the majority of the time we do this so confidently and with panache. Testament to very good coaching and instilling confidence in the squad so long may it continue. 

Our stand outs on Sunday were for me; Burrows for his crosses, goals and captaincy, Poku for his jinking runs on the wing (EMC was good but Poku more effective. Katongo pretty solid at the back and good support going forward. Kyprianou for his work rate in midfield and Randall; whilst sometimes lightweight, he finds the gaps and puts in some telling passes. Thought RJJ was fine as well. Worked hard to lead the line. 

Here’s hoping this will help in our drive to the championship.
(09-04-2024, 01:45 PM)Wycliffe Wrote: I have to agree with DMac who, on hard truth today rightly big upped the Posh media team who have really put out some fantastic coverage all week including the past couple of days.

DMac on a 'brilliant day', Wembley, the EFL, Sky Sports and Wycombe Wanderers FC

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...fc-4584912
Anybody following the matchwornshirts site?

Somebody has bid £610 for a shirt it clearly says Burrows never wore!
(09-04-2024, 11:11 PM)JM68 Wrote: Anybody following the matchwornshirts site?

People would buy shit on a plate of you auctioned it.
(09-04-2024, 11:11 PM)JM68 Wrote: Anybody following the matchwornshirts site?

there were significant bids even before the match started. So it may well be the bidder laid that down long before Burrows decided he wanted to keep his shirt (?)
(09-04-2024, 11:41 PM)A Retired Layabout Wrote: there were significant bids even before the match started. So it may well be the bidder laid that down long before Burrows decided he wanted to keep his shirt (?)

I don't think there are any Wembley matchworn shirts for sale. I bet some people missed that they are spares.
POSH have more young stars waiting in the wings, even if Harrison Burrows is sold! Plus final Wembley words from the chairman

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor...an-4584941

•  Previous
  • 29(current)