EFL awards 23/24
Fergie shortlisted for manager, Burrows for player and Edwards for young player of the season

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/april/03/e...-revealed/
Burrows is only one year older than Edwards, and isn't, in my opinion, even the Player of the Year for Posh.
(03-04-2024, 06:49 PM)Hattie Wrote: Burrows is only one year older than Edwards, and isn't, in my opinion, even the Player of the Year for Posh.

This
I hate to say it, but I reckon Bazza is a shoo-in for the League contribution award.
(03-04-2024, 06:53 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I hate to say it, but I reckon Bazza is a shoo-in for the League contribution award.

Has he not already had it?

If not then he must be due another testimonial
(03-04-2024, 07:55 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: Has he not already had it?

If not then he must be due another testimonial

I wondered that - I seem to remember him receiving some award in the past?

Edit: yep, he got it in 2017. In which case, he's not a shoo-in this year  Laughing
(03-04-2024, 06:53 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I hate to say it, but I reckon Bazza is a shoo-in for the League contribution award.
79 on Sunday, isn't he?
(03-04-2024, 08:16 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I wondered that - I seem to remember him receiving some award in the past?

Edit: yep, he got it in 2017. In which case, he's not a shoo-in this year  Laughing

That would have been because of his 20 years here.  I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him get another lifetime achievement award at some point.   If he makes it to 2031, that's 70 years in football, that really is remarkable, whatever you think of him.
I think . Net player of the season is going to be a close call with at least 4 in with a decent shout. Knight, Edwards, Collins and EMC. Very interesting to see how it relates to the 'rate the player' scores at the end of the season.
(03-04-2024, 08:36 PM)Pacman Wrote: I think . Net player of the season is going to be a close call with at least 4 in with a decent shout. Knight, Edwards, Collins and EMC. Very interesting to see how it relates to the 'rate the player' scores at the end of the season.

I’d be incredibly surprised if Collins doesn’t scoop up every award going. The bloke has been absolutely incredible - never below a 7/10.
(03-04-2024, 08:59 PM)DiamondPosh Wrote: I’d be incredibly surprised if Collins doesn’t scoop up every award going. The bloke has been absolutely incredible - never below a 7/10.

I'm sure Mylo can give us an update, but I'm almost certain Collins is in the lead.
(03-04-2024, 06:49 PM)Hattie Wrote: Burrows is only one year older than Edwards, and isn't, in my opinion, even the Player of the Year for Posh.

I agree Burrows is a strange pick. Presumably based on him having the 2nd most assists in the league despite playing as a defender. 

I could see him as low as our 7th best player this season and no higher than 5th best.

Edwards, Knight, Collins and EMC top 4 for me. Poku, Kyprianou and Burrows all in with a shout of 5th best, imo.
You'd have to say Burrows could win against Pack and NML, especially as a young lad skippering a side to a promotion challenge while scoring and assisting a lot, notionally from left back.
Since getting the captaincy, H gets better with every game.
(03-04-2024, 11:57 PM)Steamy Nin Wrote: Since getting the captaincy, H gets better with every game.

That's not actually the case as like most of the kids he drops his standards every so often.
However, overall he has been very good indeed, whether the captaincy is the trigger I don't know.
Never forget certain clueless types on here are of the opinion that the captaincy is irrelevant but it obviously is not.
Maybe it has boosted his confidence but there has definitely been an improvement in standard and consistency
(04-04-2024, 11:49 AM)Wycliffe Wrote: That's not actually the case as like most of the kids he drops his standards every so often.
However, overall he has been very good indeed, whether the captaincy is the trigger I don't know.
Never forget certain clueless types on here are of the opinion that the captaincy is irrelevant but it obviously is not.
Maybe it has boosted his confidence but there has definitely been an improvement in standard and consistency

I love how after all this time you still don't understand the argument.
(04-04-2024, 11:57 AM)KenGandhi Wrote: I love how after all this time you still don't understand the argument.

I accept the point of view, I don't agree with it.
Anyway, my point of view re H is that he has embraced the captaincy
(03-04-2024, 09:32 PM)Lancashire Posh Wrote: Edwards, Knight, Collins and EMC top 4 for me. Poku, Kyprianou and Burrows all in with a shout of 5th best, imo.

Absolutely this, Lancs!

1. Collins
2. Edwards
3. Knight
4. EMC 
5. Kyprianou
6. Burrows
7. Poku
8. Kioso
9. Katongo
10. Randall
All 3 fully deserve their nominations, bloody good luck to them. Lets not be hasty in forgetting that most people thought (me included) this would be a mid table side at best this season.
(03-04-2024, 09:00 PM)KenGandhi Wrote: I'm sure Mylo can give us an update, but I'm almost certain Collins is in the lead.

All will be revealed after our final fixture.

But it's fair to say your certainty isn't misplaced and isn't likely to become so.

Regarding Burrows, I'd say him and Hector Kyprianou are the two players most harshly done by with only 6 points on offer for ratings. It's up to people how they apportion their six points of course and it certainly isn't my place to suggest anything.

Each time I think about expanding it, I look back to what I wrote down when I first thought about it and how it would have to work and figure that it would be too much of a ball ache. I had a 10.point concept but I'm not sure it would stand up to use.

stul's original concept will never break. No point in fixing it.