•  Previous
  • 8(current)

Posh v Bolton
(27-04-2024, 07:09 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: You will have to believe me when I certainly wasn’t saying what you were. Maybe I’m just not as fickle as you. I always fancied us to get back into the game and I felt even more confident when I saw they had changed the ref at half time - he was the edge for Bolton.
This
(27-04-2024, 07:31 PM)ryanclark82 Wrote: lol, course you did, after half an hour of rubbish (by which time I’d made both my comments).
mate, I'm with Dean for once. We were poor the first 20 but writing this team off is normally foolish. I certainly didn't even at h/t and nor did any of the regulars around me.
(27-04-2024, 08:17 PM)Cray Gar Wrote: Aside from the first 15 minutes, I thought we were pretty good. Both of their goals were soft - not sure it was a pen at all. We could easily have scored first half if EMC squares the ball to Mothersille and then we were excellent (Knight’s swing and a miss aside).

The first half ref was truly awful and Evatt was really acting the pat once a more balanced ref arrived.

Watched from the back of the main stand for the first time in years. Apart from the seats, which I couldn’t use unless I had my legs amputated at the knees, I  enjoyed it.
This
(27-04-2024, 08:23 PM)A Retired Layabout Wrote: Do we know why the ref was subbed at half time?  I can guess "earache" or "psychotic breakdown"  given his judgements were way off the mark time and again. His departure was the turning point in that game

(27-04-2024, 08:26 PM)whaplodeposh Wrote: Someone said calf / hamstring strain on twitter

BS. I'm guessing his colleagues advised him against coming back out so poor was his performance.
I haven't seen the footage but the pen looked miles outside the box, I'm now told that wasn't the case  Question

Thoroughly enjoyed the game overall, good side are the trotters although I wouldn't fear them at all, we showed what we are about when, frankly we steamrollered them. Frustrating we didn't win and it is strange that we have 4 talented defenders yet concede too many bad goals
(28-04-2024, 09:01 AM)Wycliffe Wrote: This
mate, I'm with Dean for once. We were poor the first 20 but writing this team off is normally foolish. I certainly didn't even at h/t and nor did any of the regulars around me.
This

BS. I'm guessing his colleagues advised him against coming back out so poor was his performance.
I haven't seen the footage but the pen looked miles outside the box, I'm now told that wasn't the case  Question

Thoroughly enjoyed the game overall, good side are the trotters although I wouldn't fear them at all, we showed what we are about when, frankly we steamrollered them. Frustrating we didn't win and it is strange that we have 4 talented defenders yet concede too many bad goals

I am sorry mate but that simply would not have happened. There is no way his subordinate colleagues would do so or could do so...he either actually had an injury or he feigned it.
That was not a penalty for me
(27-04-2024, 11:15 PM)The Gaffer Wrote: I am a bit sick of us keep conceding the same goal from the same short corner routine that needs cutting out as it's a tad pathetic.

My thoughts exactly. Our goals conceded from second phases of corners must be close to double figures. We set ourselves well when the ball is dead, so if it’s whipped straight in, we tend to be ok. But if it’s shifted at all, we seem to really struggle as to whether to hold ground, push up, follow men etc.
Nobody else think steer should be saving that first goal btw
(28-04-2024, 09:01 AM)Wycliffe Wrote: This mate, I'm with Dean for once. We were poor the first 20 but writing this team off is normally foolish. 

I didn’t write them off, for goodness’ sake.

I sarcastically said “thank goodness we played our first team to build some momentum” (or words to that effect) just after the second went in, and after about the first 30 minutes I pointed out how poor Randall and Mothersille had been up to that point - which they had. 

That’s it. 

Are we really going to need to have the “comments on the board during the game are the equivalent of what you say to your mate” conversation again?
The first half was atrocious and they were playing poorly, so it was valid. They did better and performed miles better second half. I don’t think anyone wrote us off, but we have to be better
(28-04-2024, 09:54 AM)monty Wrote: Nobody else think steer should be saving that first goal btw

No idea but we have already proved we don't have anyone better to replace him with.
He's our keeper for the play offs so let's get behind him.
(28-04-2024, 10:32 AM)ryanclark82 Wrote: I didn’t write them off, for goodness’ sake.

I sarcastically said “thank goodness we played our first team to build some momentum” (or words to that effect) just after the second went in, and after about the first 30 minutes I pointed out how poor Randall and Mothersille had been up to that point - which they had. 

That’s it. 

Are we really going to need to have the “comments on the board during the game are the equivalent of what you say to your mate” conversation again?

I didn't say you personally wrote them off. I was using that expression to make a general point about the teams capacity to turn things round.

Of course it is obvious that such an emotional past time as following Posh is going to see some negative and overly positive comments, that's the point of a forum, however, there's equally nothing wrong with ridiculing them if they deserve it.

Myself and those around us also thought we'd turn things round at 2-0 at Oxford  Laughing

(28-04-2024, 09:54 AM)monty Wrote: Nobody else think steer should be saving that first goal btw

It was weak defending all round with the smallest player on the pitch scoring a header! Yes he should have done better but he also pulled off a save when it would have been forgivable had it gone in.
My heart just can not take any more Bilo appearances
(28-04-2024, 09:01 AM)Wycliffe Wrote: I haven't seen the footage but the pen looked miles outside the box, I'm now told that wasn't the case  Question

I thought it was out of the box at the time, and having just seen it back - I still think the 'foul' was outside the box! 

Also, it's not really been mentioned on here but Randall's involvement in MM's 2nd goal was football at its very very best. His first touch for his goal was also outstanding. For the grief he gets, IMO he's the biggest factor in making this side tick and when he moves the ball quickly, we're on another level to anything in League 1. 

And a word for the 2 young lads. Dornelly was like a dog chasing a crisp packet in the wind for the first 5 minutes of being on the pitch, but once he settled I thought he looked good and more than anything, his presence seemed to give our defence a far better balance about it. The tall lad Fernandez, I know he was a bit 'raw' at Cheltenham but there's a real player there IMO - he's very very good in possession.
(28-04-2024, 11:53 AM)matt_posh Wrote: Also, it's not really been mentioned on here but Randall's involvement in MM's 2nd goal was football at its very very best. His first touch for his goal was also outstanding. For the grief he gets, IMO he's the biggest factor in making this side tick and when he moves the ball quickly, we're on another level to anything in League 1. 

Yes, moving the ball quickly at this level is often the difference between between winning and losing. He's one of our best at it, along with Kyps.
(28-04-2024, 11:53 AM)matt_posh Wrote: I thought it was out of the box at the time, and having just seen it back - I still think the 'foul' was outside the box! 

Also, it's not really been mentioned on here but Randall's involvement in MM's 2nd goal was football at its very very best. His first touch for his goal was also outstanding. For the grief he gets, IMO he's the biggest factor in making this side tick and when he moves the ball quickly, we're on another level to anything in League 1. 

And a word for the 2 young lads. Dornelly was like a dog chasing a crisp packet in the wind for the first 5 minutes of being on the pitch, but once he settled I thought he looked good and more than anything, his presence seemed to give our defence a far better balance about it. The tall lad Fernandez, I know he was a bit 'raw' at Cheltenham but there's a real player there IMO - he's very very good in possession.

If it was a foul, it was "one of those" that looked like it started in the box and finished outside. Whatever it was, Kyps shouldn't have put in a tackle like that.

Your 2nd para, absolutely smack on mate. If Randall was consistently at his best, he'd be long gone. He's the only player we have who can do what he does when he's on it. I wish he was stronger, but hey-ho and I've said before that when a player tries those one-touch passes and they don't come off, it makes them look a twat. 

Dornelly is going to be a bloody good player and the reason why Fernandez looked poor against Cheltenham was that he had nothing alongside him - that certainly wasn't the case yesterday.
(28-04-2024, 01:41 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: If it was a foul, it was "one of those" that looked like it started in the box and finished outside. Whatever it was, Kyps shouldn't have put in a tackle like that.

Your 2nd para, absolutely smack on mate. If Randall was consistently at his best, he'd be long gone. He's the only player we have who can do what he does when he's on it. I wish he was stronger, but hey-ho and I've said before that when a player tries those one-touch passes and they don't come off, it makes them look a twat. 

Dornelly is going to be a bloody good player and the reason why Fernandez looked poor against Cheltenham was that he had nothing alongside him - that certainly wasn't the case yesterday.
I’ve just seen the highlights and it looked outside the box for me. The player has the ball at his feet inside the box he then knocks it out and Hector fouls him.
Mild contact inside box then two steps before falling down outside the box.
So many of them are diving. Only one who was good at this was Tommy Robson.
(28-04-2024, 02:17 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: I’ve just seen the highlights and it looked outside the box for me. The player has the ball at his feet inside the box he then knocks it out and Hector fouls him.

I believe a foul is usually on the player rather than the ball, Deano   Laughing
(28-04-2024, 05:31 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I believe a foul is usually on the player rather than the ball, Deano   Laughing

You’ve lost me - my point was the player had the ball in the box but then knocked it out himself and at that point the foul happened (on the player :wink:)
I know.

But if the player was in the box when he was fouled, it doesn't matter where the fuck the ball was. If you look at the highlights, the player looked to be on the line when he was fouled - hence in the box.

Anyway, Kyps never fucking touched him  Laughing
(28-04-2024, 09:17 PM)Hugh Fat B'Stard Wrote: I know.

But if the player was in the box when he was fouled, it doesn't matter where the fuck the ball was. If you look at the highlights, the player looked to be on the line when he was fouled - hence in the box.

Anyway, Kyps never fucking touched him  Laughing

I get you now - I’m aware of the laws and I thought both player and ball were outside the box.
(28-04-2024, 07:43 AM)wishbone Wrote: Totally agree about the ref except that he was spot on with the penalty. Surely his handling of the game should be very closely watched and something done about a performance like that?

I was indignant at the time but TBF to Dogtanian, the first contact was within the penalty area.

It then came down to how much e wanted to give a penalty and he was itching to. A bit like when his favourite pet drags its arse across the hearth rug.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)