•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 

Posh v Bolton
(27-04-2024, 07:09 PM)DeanHobbs Wrote: I always fancied us to get back into the game 

lol, course you did, after half an hour of rubbish (by which time I’d made both my comments).
Attendance: 11,643 (2,034 Bolton fans)
I thought that was going to be 90 minutes I could have been drinking in, but bloody hell!

A woeful first 30 minutes, with particular stinkers from Randall and EMC. Massive credit to the players for getting their arses back into gear.

There can be no doubt that Malcolm Mumflu starts next week. I think he was one of our better players in the first half despite feeding off scraps.

Fair play to Randall for turning it around in the second half; normally you can call his entire afternoon based on that first 10 minutes, but it was night and day between the two halves. Fergie wanted to punch him after bottling 3 challenges first half and taking about 7-10 working days to play in Mothersille whilst breaking.

Also a huge fan of Evatt and that Toal bloke going apeshit at the linesman despite Randall being nowhere near an offside position.

Bobby Madley. Normally I'll stick up for referees. But that prick is a prized pat. He clearly shat it for the second half, and I had a little contretemps with him when he assumed 4th official duties by bringing up his departure from top flight officiating for taking the piss out of a disabled bloke.
Aside from the first 15 minutes, I thought we were pretty good. Both of their goals were soft - not sure it was a pen at all. We could easily have scored first half if EMC squares the ball to Mothersille and then we were excellent (Knight’s swing and a miss aside).

The first half ref was truly awful and Evatt was really acting the pat once a more balanced ref arrived.

Watched from the back of the main stand for the first time in years. Apart from the seats, which I couldn’t use unless I had my legs amputated at the knees, I enjoyed it.
Don't agree with Fergie about the reason for the problems in the first 20 minutes. He can't put all the blame on the players when the opposition is pressing hard - man-marking every Posh player to make passing out from the back almost impossible. Every opposition team uses the tactics now... He needs a tactical solution, not just blaming the players
(27-04-2024, 05:07 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: Randall actually squared up one of their players, I was so shocked I never looked to see if his knees were knocking.

Loved the fans singing:
Randall, Randall knock him out.
Do we know why the ref was subbed at half time? I can guess "earache" or "psychotic breakdown" given his judgements were way off the mark time and again. His departure was the turning point in that game
(27-04-2024, 08:23 PM)A Retired Layabout Wrote: Do we know why the ref was subbed at half time?  I can guess "earache" or "psychotic breakdown"  given his judgements were way off the mark time and again. His departure was the turning point in that game

Someone said calf / hamstring strain on twitter
Santos looks like he's matured and improved since he left us. And put on 2 stones of muscle. Maybe Manu will end up like him.
Re the penalty: I thought at the time, and I wasn't too far away, that:
A) It wasn't a foul
B) It was outside the box
Not sure about either now, having seen the highlights.
But that was an absolutely brilliant 2nd half performance. Randall's goal was superb. Just a shame about their goal at the end, which looked a bit soft. But we showed, on our day, we're a match for anyone
Clearly one for the more discerning.

Such as those of us who have spotted that Mothersille hasn't had to beat the goalkeeper for any of his three league goals

That's an art. It doesn't happen by accident. 

As for Bobby Madley, his colleagues would have had a word. He was making them look rubbish when it was all on him. He made a dog's dinner of almost every decision but without the benefits he'd normally expect.
(27-04-2024, 07:31 PM)ryanclark82 Wrote: lol, course you did, after half an hour of rubbish (by which time I’d made both my comments).

I don’t know when you made your comments. I was watching the game whilst the game was on - my last thought was to come on here. Some people are just quick to write players off and throw in the towel. It wasn’t that long ago people were clambering for MM to be our number 9 and then after 20 minutes in one match he’s written off. Nice he proved the doubters wrong.

(27-04-2024, 08:23 PM)A Retired Layabout Wrote: Do we know why the ref was subbed at half time?  I can guess "earache" or "psychotic breakdown"  given his judgements were way off the mark time and again. His departure was the turning point in that game

I thought he got it easy. I suspect the players were concerned about getting yellow cards but they gave him no grief at all.
(27-04-2024, 08:36 PM)Hattie Wrote: Santos looks like he's matured and improved since he left us. And put on 2 stones of muscle. Maybe Manu will end up like him.
Re the penalty: I thought at the time, and I wasn't too far away, that:
A) It wasn't a foul
B) It was outside the box
Not sure about either now, having seen the highlights.
But that was an absolutely brilliant 2nd half performance. Randall's goal was superb. Just a shame about their goal at the end, which looked a bit soft. But we showed, on our day, we're a match for anyone

I’ve never rated Santos and I saw nothing today to change my mind, he’s a big unit that wins almost every header, but with the ball and an attacker in front of him , he shits himself every time.

Agree with the penalty, I thought the same, the ref couldn’t wait to point to the spot though. I can not stress how poor the ref was in the first half, he reffed that as if Bolton had given him a bung, the worst ref we’ve had at London Road all season, and boy we’ve had some poor ones. I don’t understand why league one should become the dustbin of hope for refs chucked out of the Premiership.
(27-04-2024, 08:57 PM)mylo Wrote: Clearly one for the more discerning.

Such as those of us who have spotted that Mothersille hasn't had to beat the goalkeeper for any of his three league goals

That's an art. It doesn't happen by accident. 

As for Bobby Madley, his colleagues would have had a word. He was making them look rubbish when it was all on him. He made a dog's dinner of almost every decision but without the benefits he'd normally expect.

Arf
I am a bit sick of us keep conceding the same goal from the same short corner routine that needs cutting out as it's a tad pathetic.

Btw EMC has to square to Mothersille when one v one as he has a simple tap in.  We really need to match winner EMC back from next week
We really need to stop giving teams head starts now. That's 4 out of our last 5 we conceded in the first 20 minutes.
(27-04-2024, 09:56 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: I’ve never rated Santos and I saw nothing today to change my mind, he’s a big unit that wins almost every header, but with the ball and an attacker in front of him , he shits himself every time.

Agree with the penalty, I thought the same, the ref couldn’t wait to point to the spot though. I can not stress how poor the ref was in the first half, he reffed that as if Bolton had given him a bung, the worst ref we’ve had at London Road all season, and boy we’ve had some poor ones. I don’t understand why league one should become the dustbin of hope for refs chucked out of the Premiership.

My sentiments as well Mick, probably the worst ref we have had here all season.  Big team name syndrome and gave them everything, no wonder their manager was spitting daggers when we got a decent ref second half and their dirty tactics did not work with him.  You don't mind loosing if a game is managed fairly by the officials.
(27-04-2024, 11:15 PM)The Gaffer Wrote: I am a bit sick of us keep conceding the same goal from the same short corner routine that needs cutting out as it's a tad pathetic.

Btw EMC has to square to Mothersille when one v one as he has a simple tap in.  We really need to match winner EMC back from next week

Tbf he has played most of the season without there being someone in the right position to tap it in or who would miss the target from a yard out.
(27-04-2024, 08:22 PM)Hattie Wrote: Loved the fans singing:
Randall, Randall knock him out.
TBF they were both the same schoolboy size....
(27-04-2024, 09:56 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: Agree with the penalty, I thought the same, the ref couldn’t wait to point to the spot though. I can not stress how poor the ref was in the first half, he reffed that as if Bolton had given him a bung, the worst ref we’ve had at London Road all season, and boy we’ve had some poor ones. I don’t understand why league one should become the dustbin of hope for refs chucked out of the Premiership.
Totally agree about the ref except that he was spot on with the penalty. Surely his handling of the game should be very closely watched and something done about a performance like that?
Madness on the Bolton forum in which they claim the ref was biased towards Posh  Laughing

Who'd be a ref hey? Especially a clownshoe like that.

Although he got the pen right what on earth was Kyprianou doing putting in a challenge there when their lad is going nowhere?

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next