•  Previous
  • 7(current)

Posh v Fleetwood
(17-04-2024, 01:19 PM)Nick Wrote: No - offside results in an indirect free kick.

Ah I wondered about that. I guess it would be a bit daft to make it a direct free kick when 99% of them would be in the opposition half  Laughing
(17-04-2024, 05:04 PM)PoshinDevon Wrote: Nothing wrong with any of those finishes. 

Of course you could compile a video of similar length of the ones he has missed, however he has to be in the right place to miss them. He isn’t as bad as some endlessly keep shouting and  making out. I suspect he will have a full career in football. Not sure if he will ever reach a much higher level, but then again maybe a different coaching team could see him improve still further. 

Remember CMS was quick, closed down defenders/keepers resulting in them making errors. He also used to miss a lot of chances and early on struggled especially 1:1s with the keeper. He of course quickly improved.

He’s a nice kid, he presents himself well, but frankly, he’s a long way out of his depth. His goal celebration is cringeworthy, thankfully we don’t get to see it very often.
(17-04-2024, 06:07 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: He’s a nice kid, he presents himself well, but frankly, he’s a long way out of his depth. His goal celebration is cringeworthy, thankfully we don’t get to see it very often.

When; many years ago, I used to play sport regularly, (Especially Hockey) I  am sure my goal celebrations at the same age were equally as cringeworthy. Again it didn’t happen often! 

Laughing

I just don’t think he really is as bad as some make out. He is one of our own and has done well to come all the way thro the different levels at Posh. 

My only gripe is when we are struggling, he isn’t taken off a little earlier to give JCH or Mothersille more time to make an impact.
Steer post-Fleetwood
(17-04-2024, 06:07 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: He’s a nice kid, he presents himself well, but frankly, he’s a long way out of his depth. His goal celebration is cringeworthy, thankfully we don’t get to see it very often.

Personally I wish he had done that stupid celebration 40 times this season.
He rightly gets an easy ride from the fans because he's one of our own and he gives 100%
I really hope he suddenly improves cos quite frankly his finishing is dreadful at the moment.

Does anyone know what the cringeworthy celebration is supposed to be?
(17-04-2024, 08:32 AM)kaasprodukte Wrote: He will not do that, especially as our game in hand means we are only three points behind the autos...

I'd be pissed if he effectively 'gave up' now by playing the kids.

This. Until it’s impossible we need to play our strongest team. Although currently it could be argued the “strongest” team has hit a sticky patch.

(17-04-2024, 09:45 AM)PaddyPosh Wrote: I doubt he will start jch moving forward though as despite scoring he clearly doesn’t think he suits, neither does the chairman (let’s not forget him publicly blaming him pretty much for the Barnsley game was it?)

Please find the evidence where he blamed JCH for the Barnsley defeat. I listened to the podcast and know what he said so I assume you are referring to something I’ve missed.

(17-04-2024, 06:07 PM)Mick Bratley Wrote: He’s a nice kid, he presents himself well, but frankly, he’s a long way out of his depth. His goal celebration is cringeworthy, thankfully we don’t get to see it very often.

You’ve been berating him for not scoring enough goals but now your are saying you are thankful he doesn’t score more so we don’t get to see the goal celebration Laughing
That run for the last goal by EMC was  Heart

(17-04-2024, 01:11 PM)Zola Wrote: I'm not his biggest fan , but he can be asset if we play him on the wing. Time and time again he has proved he is  no striker. Its not all about scoring goals but a striker needs much more than the ability  to run fast.

You do know that to be a successful winger a player can't 'just' be fast
I, personally have seen nothing from him that would make me think he could beat a defender, look up, suss out the options and put in a meaningful cross/pass.
I would love to be wrong but I just don't see him having that kind of football nous

btw, he deserves credit for that 'tackle'/assault on him that led to a goal last night  Clap
(17-04-2024, 05:37 PM)Crusader Wrote: I would think Mr Evans is as familiar with his wastefulness as we are!

His stark assessment that he was not a striker back in 2018, still rings true.
Not looking good for Poku if the photo at tonight''s end of seasons award is anything to go by.

https://twitter.com/theposh/status/17806...L1YAg&s=19
We have let in 8 goals in the first 10 minutes this season all competitions

One of the highest in the country.

Last few games we have had dodgy starts and it’s a habit we need to fix

•  Previous
  • 7(current)