•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 

Cheltenham v Posh
(23-04-2024, 07:28 PM)Zola Wrote: And/or we are not going to overturn a 9 goal difference deficit.

I have googled this a bit and it has basically never happened in football in clean circumstances

Closest seems to be Celtic winning their 80th title with a last day 5-0 win to overtake Hearts

Lyon overcoming 7 goal difference in a CL group to overtake Ajax

We could do our bit but no way will Derby lose
(23-04-2024, 04:05 PM)ryanclark82 Wrote: Elaborate?

Because they are playing tonight.
Six changes?  Sad

Bilo, Crichlow, Mills, Fernandez, Jones, De Hav all come in...
(23-04-2024, 07:48 PM)TUnwin Wrote: Six changes?  Sad

Posh

Nicholas Bilokapic, Harley Mills, Romoney Crichlow, Emmanuel Fernandez, James Dornelly, Jadel Katongo, Ryan De Havilland, David Ajiboye, Malik Mothersille, Ricky-Jade Jones, Jonson Clarke-Harris

Subs: Fynn Talley, Charlie O’Connell, Vontae Daley-Campbell Hector Kyprianou, Jacob Wakeling, Donay O’Brien-Brady, Pemi Aderoju
(23-04-2024, 07:49 PM)Crun Wrote:
Posh

Nicholas Bilokapic, Harley Mills, Romoney Crichlow, Emmanuel Fernandez, James Dornelly, Jadel Katongo, Ryan De Havilland, David Ajiboye, Malik Mothersille, Ricky-Jade Jones, Jonson Clarke-Harris

Subs: Fynn Talley, Charlie O’Connell, Vontae Daley-Campbell Hector Kyprianou, Jacob Wakeling, Donay O’Brien-Brady, Pemi Aderoju

eek!
I think DF just made his thoughts and intentions clear.
(23-04-2024, 07:49 PM)Crun Wrote:
Posh

That lineup is hilarious! But I don’t blame Fergie one bit. We’re coming 4th and Knight, Edwards, Collins, Kyprianou and EMC all getting a rest. 

4-4-f***king-2:

Bilokapic

Dornelly
Fernandes
Crichlow
Mills

Ajiboye
De Havilland
Katongo
Mothersille

RJJ
JCH
I bet Cambridge are over the moon  Laughing
Nice attacking team - win by seven and make derby need that point.
If I was one of the teams just above Cheltenham, I'd be fuming at that Posh lineup
(23-04-2024, 07:55 PM)Andrew5740 Wrote: If I was one of the teams just above Cheltenham, I'd be fuming at that Posh lineup

If Cheltenham somehow finish above either of them, they've got bigger things closer to home to whine about.  They really shouldn't be getting caught.
I would like to see Aderoju and DO’BB get some minutes

I thought Wakeling was out on loan somewhere
(23-04-2024, 08:01 PM)poznan posh Wrote: I would like to see Aderoju and DO’BB get some minutes

I thought Wakeling was out on loan somewhere

Wakeling is back from injury.
Fergie gets it. That's why he's on the big bucks.
(23-04-2024, 08:19 PM)Chompy1 Wrote: Fergie gets it. That's why he's on the big bucks.

Exciting team. Should be a good watch. 

Just landed in the Philippines and looking forward to it!
(23-04-2024, 07:55 PM)Andrew5740 Wrote: If I was one of the teams just above Cheltenham, I'd be fuming at that Posh lineup
Those teams should have been less shite for 44 games then they'd have their fate in their own hands.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
(20-04-2024, 07:04 PM)DiamondPosh Wrote: I’d make major changes. Rest as many as possible, giving minutes to as many who just might be needed in the following weeks, then give the play-off XI a runout together against Bolton.

Bilokapic
Dornelly
Knight
Fernandez
Crichlow
Kyprianou/Collins (45 each)
De Havilland
Ajiboye
Randall
Mothersille
JCH

As our five most important players, Edwards, Burrows, Kyprianou, Collins and EMC need wrapping up.

Not far off with your starting line up.

(22-04-2024, 03:51 PM)kaasprodukte Wrote: RJJ not even getting a game for the ressies...even I don't think he is that bad.

"Lies, damn lies "   Wink Laughing

Anyway he is in form, one goal in his last five minutes, he's prolific.        And terrific!   Laughing

Anyway i've got a feeling posh won't at the races this evening!
I’m looking forward to it, too.

In theory, Cheltenham should beat this side comfortably - they need to win, they have experience, they are match fit. We have nothing to play for, only one player starts that started at Wembley (out of position, too!) and only a couple have played 90 minutes since January, I believe?

Yet when Mills whips a cross onto the head of JCH to put us 1-0 up, we’ll be full of it…!

Genuinely anything could happen. Lose 4-0, battle to a 1-1 draw full of youthful exuberance, play on their nerves to win 2-0 with a team all desperate to impress ahead of 24/25.

(23-04-2024, 08:36 PM)poshboyest1984 Wrote: Not far off with your starting line up.

I do try! Makes sense to me. The kids might put up a good fight against Cheltenham but would get stuffed by Bolton - today was the day for the mass resting of players, IMO.
(23-04-2024, 08:19 PM)Chompy1 Wrote: Fergie gets it. That's why he's on the big bucks.

He is playing all of our attackers bar EMC, so if you mean that he gets that we need to score a lot of goals, I agree with you.

If Cheltenham win then I should not be surprised if Fleetwood & Port Vale complain to the EFL.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next